Visitor visa and medical checkup

fredk

Question

Hi all

Hoping someone can assist: we’re applying for my parents to visit on a 600 visitor visa. We’ve requested the longer visa (3 year), however have indicated they do not have medical insurance.

After submission they’ve been requested to submit biometrics as well as go for health assessments.

The biometrics were done last week, however health assessments are only scheduled for later this month. This morning I received notification their visas have been granted. I am confused - does this mean they do not need to go for health assessments? 

Thanks all

2 answers to this question

Yeah that's a strange one, if it was a requirement for the visa they wouldn't have granted it in the first place.  

That's what I'm thinking as well. However just went into ImmiAccount and the visas have definitely been granted; and it says finalised. I can also there see that they have definitely requested a medical assessment, which hasn't been done.

At least I have the confirmed letters, so I will go on that and don't go through the hassle (and cost) of health assessments).