Non Resident for Tax Purposes Question

Mauro

@Hugo2, you are missing the point mate. All we are trying to say is that there was no need to be so aggressive no matter whether you were attacking a "FALSE MESSAGE" (which actually was not false at all seeing as what I said was confirmed by you in your later responses) or a person.

In any case, as they say, you'll catch more bees with honey!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, Mauro said:

@Rossen It seems like I'm in the exact same scenario as you around this, so it is helping me out as well. I would really appreciate it if you could update me as to what happens with your submission.

Hey @Mauro, just saw that I have a letter of assessment from SARS (IT34). SARS has assessed my submission and will be processing my return. 

On 7/13/2019 at 5:36 AM, Rossen said:

Hey @Mauro, just saw that I have a letter of assessment from SARS (IT34). SARS has assessed my submission and will be processing my return. 

Thanks @Rossen appreciate the feedback.

• 8 months later...

Hey mate, my tax return was processed without any issues as you can see in my last comment in this thread. It took about two weeks. The only problem I have is that I changed my bank account so I still haven't received my return. There's newish regulations that you have to go into a SARS branch to verify your bank account info which I obviously cant do seeing as I'm in AU. So at the end of the day SARS gets to keep a good R36k of mine for a few more months/years until I visit RSA and can resolve this in person. Whats the chances that they'll pay it out with interest?! ;-p

8 hours ago, Rossen said:

. Whats the chances that they'll pay it out with interest?! 😜

Suggest go into your -efiling profile and run a statement of account - should reflect interest accruing monthly.

Also have a look here - being a non-resident, a tax practitioner is permitted to change your banking account details (which they will charge for).

https://www.sars.gov.za/ClientSegments/Individuals/Need-Help/Tax-Questions-Answered/Pages/Exceptional-Circumstances---Banking-Details.aspx

On 4/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, XXXXX said:

Suggest go into your -efiling profile and run a statement of account - should reflect interest accruing monthly.

Also have a look here - being a non-resident, a tax practitioner is permitted to change your banking account details (which they will charge for).

https://www.sars.gov.za/ClientSegments/Individuals/Need-Help/Tax-Questions-Answered/Pages/Exceptional-Circumstances---Banking-Details.aspx

Thanks for that, much appreciated! Now I need to find a tax practitioner and give them a power of attorney. Any recommendations?

unfortunately not - I've been out the game (and country) for a while - so would rather not recommend anyone specific.    In the absence of anyone specific, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big four.  (although experience has shown you can do better and/or cheaper)