Drivers Licence for Victoria

Hunts

Hi everyone,

I have read various posts where people have mentioned that some form of letter from the SA Traffic Department is required in order to swop your SA drivers licence for an Australian one. Is this the case for all states? Does anyone know if it's required in Victoria? Also I currently have both an SA and UAE drivers licence so could I maybe use the UAE one in case the letter is required as I do not have the letter?

Great question, I am also keen to read the responses! 

A friend of mine moved to Melbourne 2 years ago and did not need anything, but I am curious to know if this has changed. 

If I recall correctly it was only NSW that required the letter, and they also don't always ask for it.

28 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

If I recall correctly it was only NSW that required the letter, and they also don't always ask for it.

yip you need it in NSW - but not all "Services" offices ask for it, so you just go to another one to do the conversion (PS to get the letter is not that hard, we sent 1 email and got it 2 weeks)