Anyone going to RSA from Sydney?

Riekie

My family left some of their stuff behind after their visit to us a few weeks ago and I need to get it to RSA. I'm in Sydney and they are in Centurion. It's 3 computer magazines & 2 software CD's they bought here. If anyone can take it with them I'd really appreciate it - even if your trip is still some time away. (If you're not in Sydney, I can mail it to you wherever you are in Aus).

Riekie,

If you havent found someone to take it back for you, buy a Express Post envelop from you nearest post shop, it cost about $15. We use it all the time to send CD's, mags etc to RSA. It normaly reaches RSA in about 2-3 days :ilikeit: , then takes about 10-14 days in RSA to reach the addresss :ilikeit:

Don't put stamps on packets or letters to South Africa.

The Postal workers will steal the stamps, so your mail will disappear.

I was told this lately by an Australian postmistress.

Ask for postal "stickers' with the date and postal charge printed on it.

These are of no value and look just like a receipt pasted on the letter or package, so will not get pinched by South African postal workers.

It is not just a case of stealing stamps, the post in SA disappears all the time - just a fact of life here. (Any of you remember the Carte Blanche expose where they filmed the guys at the sorting office doing some free shopping?)

That said, my mom sent a parcel the other day, which took four days to reach me (intact, yay). It was a Tshirt and a DVD (risky) and cost AUD17 from Perth to JHB. The postmistress advised against insuring it for two reasons, firstly it may alert SA postal workers that the contents are valuable and secondly even if the envelope goes missing the Aus post will not be able to get any money back from SA Post.

Luckily everything arrived and I now own a Western Force T-shirt, to go with my Cats shirt - start at the bottom and work your way up! anyway, that's another topic entirely :ilikeit:

Hi Riekie

Ons het 'n vriend wat nou by ons kuier in Brisbane en weer die 28ste April terugvlieg RSA toe, maar ek weet ook van iemand in Sydney wat tans haar Pa huisves wat vir 'n ruk gaan kuier en sover ek kan onthou kom hulle van Centurion af. As jy belangstel kan jy net 'n PM stuur en dan kan haar haar kontak details vir jou aanstuur.

Groete

Rialet