Where to live in Australia? #sunnydays #adventure #beach

Annedine

Question

Hi everyone

Where would you say is best to live in Australia if my husband and I prefer warm and sunny weather?  We love the outdoors and being close to the ocean. 

We also need to live in a city where both our occupations will be in demand. I am a grade 7 mathematics teacher and my husband is a plumber. What city would you say has a lot of opportunity?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Edited by Annedine

4 answers to this question

hi there, quite an open ended question which all depends on $$$ and where you obtain a job as a teacher as all states have different requirements. Queensland, South Aus and Western Aus tend to have warmer climates - though extreme heat is very common to what you've experienced in SA. Plumbers are in demand in most cities, even more so in rural centres. The teaching profession here can be stressful, especially in government schools. 

• Like 1

Definitely not melbourne.  I think even Tasmania would be difficult if you prefer warmer weather. 

Brisbane, Perth, Sydney (but very expensive) would probably be your best bet. From what I've heard, Adelaide has reasonable weather too. 

• Like 2

In my opinion the best city to settle in at the moment is Brisbane.  Our weather is great (some don't like the humidity), properties affordable in comparison to Sydney and Melbourne and we don't get paid much less than somebody living in Sydney or Melbourne.

I imagine both your occupations would be in demand pretty much everywhere in Australia.

• Thanks 1

cost of living maybe slightly cheaper in qld...to register/insure a car on the road is about half the price of NSW