Recommendation on Shipping Company

AniOz

Hello Everyone :) Any recommendations on which shipping company is cost effective and reliable from SA to Australia? And how much does it cost. I'm assuming the common container size to send over is 20ft.

I will get some quotes, but recommendations will make the research easier. Thank you.

Hi! We’ve used Bayleys and were extremely happy with their pricing and service.  We brought a container (20 ft) over for R90k (including insurance).  We also had to pay about another R6k on this aide for customs clearance.  We moved a 2 bedroom house with study and patio set and lots of “stuff” from Pretoria, to give you an idea.

Tip:  Don’t buy new stuff in SA within 12 months from coming to Aus - they charge import taxes on it and you’ll probably be able to find similar or better stuff here.  But do your research and decide for yourself - some things you just can’t get here or not at the same price.

Bayleys’s customer service was amazing (the owner got involved in some of our queries), they mostly stuck to their timelines (that’s important when you’re over 40 and sleeping on blow up mattresses) and the moving company they use on this side is awesome.

Will really recommend them!

@OLVD

Thanks so much for your recommendation! We will definitely reach out to Bayleys for a quote

Thanks for the additional tips as well.  Its good to know!

• 11 months later...

OLVD, relating to your comment...

"Tip:  Don’t buy new stuff in SA within 12 months from coming to Aus - they charge import taxes on it and you’ll probably be able to find similar or better stuff here.  But do your research and decide for yourself - some things you just can’t get here or not at the same price."

How do we prove that we have owned items for 12 months or longer? No-one keeps receipts for tools, and most house hold items.

Many items like TV's or fridges will have a manufacture date on it.  I haven't heard of anybody having to prove that items are older than 12 months.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:54 AM, AniOz said:
Hello Everyone :) Any recommendations on which shipping company is cost effective and reliable from SA to Australia? And how much does it cost. I'm assuming the common container size to send over is 20ft.

I will get some quotes, but recommendations will make the research easier. Thank you.

Hi, we used Magna Thomson...very happy with their service

• 4 months later...

Good Day

I know I am pretty late on this conversation. We are currently looking for a removals company and have thus received four quotes - Magna, Execumove, Movit Mobility and Sterdts. Please can anyone advice from experience, which would be the most reliable company to move our items from SA to WA?

Thank you

Much appreciated:-)