BA undergrad and PGCE work experience points

katmessenger

Question

I completed a BA degree and then was employed as a pre school teacher for over theee years, then i received my PGCE and this is my third year of teaching. I want to apply for the 189 visa as an ECD teacher but I am wondering how many points I will get for work experience?

Does my post BA experience count towards ECD work or would they only credit  my Post PGCE experience?

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Edited by katmessenger
Spelling error

4 answers to this question

As far as I know, it is only the experience gained once you have qualified. 

• Like 1

They only credit your post PGCE experience because you were not a qualified teacher (for their purposes) until you had the PGCE.

Also make sure you have done your practice teaching as part of your PGCE, if it isn't completed correctly and with the correct age group you won't get approval from AITSL. They also only count experience from when you are qualified and it has to be in the ECD age group.

Is PGCE from unisa recognised in Australia? Can you work as a teacher in Australia ( being a citizen) or do you have to da an exta qualification?