Overwhelmed but still hopeful

Carynanne

Hello,

Thanks for creating this awesome forum with so much helpful information! 

My husband, two daughters ( 6 & 9) and I are wanting to immigrate. I won’t go into the reasons why, as I am sure we are all in the same boat here in our beautiful country, South Africa.

However, at this stage it doesn’t look like either my husband or I are eligible, so that is daunting! We will be speaking to an agent soon, and hopefully we will get some answers as to how to become eligible!

Anyway, good luck to all of you, I hope your dreams of immigrating come true!

Maybe give a bit more information on your current situation. Age, work experience, qualifications etc. Im sure given some more information someone on the forum will be able to lead you in the right direction.

Good luck

Thanks Frosty!

Well I am afraid we are just country bumpkins with not much in the way of formal training, hence the fact that we are not eligible yet.

I am 40 years old and have a diploma in Agriculture, but no recent agricultural experience. I currently work in administration within the forestry industry.

My husband is 36 and has no formal qualifications (apart from certificates). He started out in conservation, has managed farms (game/timber/sugar cane) (12 years)  and is currently an Occupational Health and Safety Manager for a Forestry Company (3 years, 8 months)

He is wanting to study further, but doesn’t  know in which direction to go in? We are thinking forestry, but we can’t afford for him to not be working, so it would have to be a distance learning course. If anyone knows of a good one, I would love to hear from you.

We also obviously don’t want to take too long, or spend too much money to become eligible! Any advice more than welcome!!!

Sorry to go on a bit, but I hope this gives you a better understanding of who we are?

Thanks so much Justyna!!!

We have already contacted an agent recommended on this group. We are just awaiting our assessment.