Jump to content
  • 0

Looking to make the move...



Hi everyone,


As the title suggests I'm looking to make the move over to Australia. I have a BCom degree Financial Management degree and am currently a Junior Accountant. What would be the best process in terms of getting started? Should I apply for jobs and get an offer before I start anything regarding the immigration process? Should I use an agent or can I do everything myself? 


I'm really serious and eager to move so any piece of advice would be gladly appreciated as I have no idea where to begin!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi TonyJ and welcome to the forum.


I'd say the the first step is always making the decision to move. Then again even the longest journey starts with the first step, which should be to check out skillselect. From there you will be able to browse through visa types and which ones you qualify for depending on your situation. Because you mentioned your degree, I assume you may want to have a look at the 189 and 190 visa types. Ultimately it is up to you to decide if you want to seek a job abroad first or apply and pay for it yourself. It all depends on your circumstances.


After you have decided on which visa to apply for, you can create a EOI (Expression of Interest). This is all done online and if you fulfill the required criteria, you will receive an invite. Once the invite has been received a link on your EOI will allow you to create a second profile which is for the application of the visa. You will then need to submit documents like PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), Health Clearance, ID/Passport Documents, proof of English fluency, whatever else may be required for your visa type and you would also need to make payment before processing of the visa application will actually take place.


Once the visa application has been processed you may be granted a visa and you will then need to fly to Australia to activate it within a specified time. The entire process can be handled by you and use of an agent really comes down to personal preference, but nobody can guarantee you a visa. If using an agent, make sure they are MARA registered.


I know you will probably have many more questions on the road ahead, but I hope this gives you a general idea of what to expect.


All of the best

Edited by Ietermagog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...