Commercial Accountant

RKrumholecstki

Hi All,

I have been in Australia since Feb 2011, and know how hard it could be to land your first "proper" job in Australia, and thought that I could potentially help by bringing the below opportunity to the table. I am looking for somebody who would like to settle in a more rural (Northern NSW) rather than a city location. It is not entirely in the sticks as a 45 minutes drive will bring you to a regional airport.    

About the role:

Reporting to the Commercial Controller, you will take ownership for the provision of accurate and timely financial information to enable effective business decisions and ensure compliance.  Your diverse responsibilities will include:

·         Project costing, analysis, monitoring and reporting;

·         Assistance with the budget and forecast preparation and review process with an emphasis on project budgeting and forecasting; 

·         Project portfolio review including variance analysis against budget and forecast; 

·         Analysis of project reports and provide information to assist commercial decision making; 

·         Maintain integrity of databases, including financial modelling;

·         Monitoring that the business manages their SLOB/SURP stock efficiently;

·         Analysis P&L and investigate variances ;

·         Preparing monthly dashboard KPI report;

·         Perform Balance sheet reconciliations;

·         Assess ongoing processes to identify areas of potential improvement; and,

·         Use key SAP skills to support the business.

About You:

To be successful you must demonstrate previous financial and/or management accounting experience within a complex multi divisional business, ideally with exposure to a project accounting environment. With tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance and CPA, CA or CIMA qualifications, you will demonstrate superior analytical, planning and problem-solving capabilities.  In addition, you will be attributed with effective verbal communication skills, a customer focused approach and interpersonal skills to build solid long-term relationships. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and experience with SAP is also required.

Please let me know if this may be of interest.

Edited by RKrumholecstki