Hello!

MooMoo

Hi guys!! I'm new to the site but have been in Oz for a little while. My husband and I arrived from the UK (originally from SA) July 06 and spent 4 fab months travelling round Aus in our 4x4. Started work in Jan, so still settling in.

We are in Sydney and would love to hear from anyone in the area :)

Cheers,

Moo :whome:

Welcome to the forum!!! Sure you'll love it here! :whome:

There is quite a few members in Sydney, whereabouts are you? We'll be moving to the Hills area in a few months time. Just waiting on our PR to come through, we are currently on 457 visa.

We also don't have any kids yet, only two lovely beagles that are our babies. Must have been nice travelling around Aus for a few months.

Cheers

Dedrei

Hi

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find plenty people from Sydney to chat to.

Happy reading

Gaille :whome:

Edited by The Parsons Family

Hi Dedrei, thanks for the welcome I see you are from Brackenfell-I'm from Durbanville.. :whome:

We in Waterloo near Surry Hills - so pretty close to the city - where abouts is the Hills area?? We also don't have kids at the mo, I think if we did we wouldn't live so close to the city! How you finding Carines? Stayed there for a little while on our trip ...

Yeah, we had a fab time travelling round - we droved from Brisbane all the way up to the very tip of Aus (Cape York), then came down and across to up to Darwin, then down the middle to Alice Springs and the Rock, down to South Aus and through Victoria and up to NSW, Sydney which is were we have settled (for now).

Moo

Hi Moo

The Hills are is North-West of Sydney, suburbs like Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Kellyville. Lots of Saffers in Cherrybrook as well, the renamed it Kersiefontein :)

Cairns is hot hot and some more HOT and HUMID! :blush: But it is REALLY so BEAUTIFUL here. Coming from Cape Town it takes a lot of adjusting to the heat and we miss the real four seasons, not just having summer all year. We only have two seasons, namely wet & dry. I am sure you had dealth with some of the tropic weather on your trip up North. Some people might like that it is summer all year round, but I am missing the cold weather a bit, especially now that it is winter everywhere else and we still have hot weather.

Small world hey, us both coming from CT and so close. Were you in High School in the Cape? I matriculated 1997. Maybe we even know each other or people that know us, who knows :)

Cheers & enjoy the cold weather :whome:

Dedrei

Hi hi, yeah I know how hot it is there, we did feel the heat when we travelled up there! Sydney is getting pretty cool at the mo..brrr

umm, giving away my age now but I matriculated from Fairmont High (Durbanville) in 1993

so when are you moving down to Sydney?

Hi welcome to Sydney and welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will lots of interesting things here. It has helped us a lot.

Regards

Johan

We are waiting on our PR visa, hopefully this will be all done by Sep/Oct as we frontloaded everything. Application went in 9 March 2007.

Have a lovely day!

Hello and welcome, MooMoo.

I'm not in Sydney, but thought I'd say hi.

My wife and I also came over from a few years in the UK.

Enjoy.