Getting my ducks in a row..

Gecko

Question

Hi all

We are busy finalising our visa (just submitted our health checks) and would like to start getting my ducks in a row..just so that once we get word that the visa is approved I know the best way forward from there as we are planning on leaving at the end of the year. We will be leaving from Cape Town going to New Castle (just outside Sydney). 

I would like to know from all of you who do you recommend for the following services and why;

1. Movers

2. Pet Transport / Agents (Im taking my kitty with)

Thank you in advance :D

6 answers to this question

Me too!;)  @Gecko  We still have a very long way to go but it's always good to start the research early:)

I've been reading previous posts and the company that I've decided to contact first (after all the recommendations) when the time comes, would be http://www.execu-move.co.za/moving-solutions/international-relocation/moving-to-australia/

3 minutes ago, Justyna said:

Me too!;)  @Gecko  We still have a very long way to go but it's always good to start the research early:)

I've been reading previous posts and the company that I've decided to contact first (after all the recommendations) when the time comes, would be http://www.execu-move.co.za/moving-solutions/international-relocation/moving-to-australia/

Thanks! I saw that too.. and to be honest, I had never heard about this company until then, I always just heard that Magna movers were the best! Good to have something to compare it to then lol

Good luck with your planning! Keep me updated so we can compare notes ;)

Hiya. We used Execumove for 2 containers sent a year apart and didn't have any problems. They were great with packing... never seen such efficiency!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 4:42 PM, BriD said:

Hiya. We used Execumove for 2 containers sent a year apart and didn't have any problems. They were great with packing... never seen such efficiency!

Hi BriD - its the same Gecko from BM :D

Awesome, I got them coming in next week to give me a quote. Im getting quotes from 4 movers - so I shouldnt go wrong :)

Hi again

Ok.. so Ive chosen a Pet Travel agent and sent off the first blood tests off to PTA.. so that ball is rolling.. although somewhat slowly! Kitty will only be allowed to travel in Feb 2019 and we planning on going 1st week of December :(

Im in the process of getting quotes from movers.. that should be all done by next week.

What am I missing?? What else needs to be done? I really feel like Im missing the plot somewhere here!