Schools - Sydney Northern Suburbs

Sunet

Hi Everyone,

We will be going over to Aus end of September, looking to settle in the Northern suburbs of Sydney.

Our oldest boy needs to start kindergarten next year.

Does anyone know which areas have the best public schools? We have been looking at Wahroonga, Pymble and West Pymble.

Love to hear from you

😊

The schools in the areas you mention are all very classy, can't go wrong with any of those.

Edited by vitchie
  • Thanks 1

Head over to this website, it lists the top schools, both primary and high, public and private. It was a great source of information for when we were deciding which schools to look at.

https://bettereducation.com.au/school/Primary/nsw/nsw_top_primary_schools.aspx

58 minutes ago, Pell said:

Head over to this website, it lists the top schools, both primary and high, public and private. It was a great source of information for when we were deciding which schools to look at.

https://bettereducation.com.au/school/Primary/nsw/nsw_top_primary_schools.aspx

Thank you so much! This is very helpfull!

• 2 weeks later...

The Bush school (Wahroonga) Pymble public (primary school) Turramurra are all excellent government schools but zoned so will depend where you live.

private I can recommend Knox grammar,barker (now taking boys and girls most grades and it's K to 12) 

Depends on your budget. Catholic schools you will pay the same as PR but state schools last I checked NSW u pay similar to catholic schools eg $5k a year unless you have PR.

9 hours ago, elleneo said:

The Bush school (Wahroonga) Pymble public (primary school) Turramurra are all excellent government schools but zoned so will depend where you live.

private I can recommend Knox grammar,barker (now taking boys and girls most grades and it's K to 12) 

Depends on your budget. Catholic schools you will pay the same as PR but state schools last I checked NSW u pay similar to catholic schools eg $5k a year unless you have PR.

Thanks Elleneo, good to know. We are going over on a PR visa, looking to settle in one of the mentioned areas.