Are you allowed to take rocks into Australia?

Daleen

Hi everyone,

In my mind the answer is already no, but before getting rid of it I want to confirm whether or not you are allowed to take rocks into Australia?  My daughter has an extensive collection. We don't want to take all of it, but there are a few vary rare ones that she would like to keep. 

Kind regards 

Daleen 

You might check out Australian customs requirements.  Depending upon the type of stone & their origin and how clean they are - re potential for soil particles or biological items to be lodged on them (in a similar way that some shoes or e.g. bike tyres garden products can cause issues).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods

We bought a few stones with us.  Ours were scrubbed and then coated in a spray on lacquer so that they were sealed.

That is great news, I will check out the link. Thank you :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm, we brought in large rose quartz and quartz rocks without a problem. They were just heavily cleaned beforehand as recommend.

Thank you so much for the feedback.  My daughter is ecstatic about the news.  We will also clean it properly before we take it over.  She just has to decide what must go and what must stay... :rolleyes:. But at least a few is better than nothing at all!  Have a blessed day further 

Sure thing. Before I forget, we did declare them in our inventory as that we were bringing them in so it was clear. 

There were signs that customs did open a few of our boxes to examine some of our goods as they can be meticulous.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I will make sure to do the same

Our daughter is a rock collector as well - brought them all in.  Just make sure they're scrubbed clean (no soil).  

Great stuff thank you Riekie:D