CHILD 101 VISA FORM 40CH

Ruizinho

Question

Good day

Wife,first born and I have 189. Validated too.

new born requires child 101 visa. filling in forms 40ch and 47ch as required. stumped on question. it asks for Visa number and starts with a "v". problem is our visa grant notifications has whats called a Visa Grant Number and starts with 00 plus another 11 numbers. is the Visa grant number the visa number?

9 answers to this question

I applied for my son's 101 visa last year July and received it in March of this year. For form 47CH I used the Visa Grant Number (the one starting with 00) and yes because of those 11 numbers after the 00 you end up with the last digit not being in a box. To be safe I just wrote on top ''Visa Grant Number''.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about the application forms and good luck with the process - the wait for this visa took longer than for our 189 and drove me a little batty.

Edited by TamTam

Good day

Thank you for this info it helps a lot.

Therefore because the last digit did not fit in a block...did you simply write it in manually after the last block I assume and it was accepted?

Regards

Yup I just wrote it outside a little box and I had no issues. 

Thank you so much. Got all documents ready but I wanted ask one more question. 

I wanted to ask though you said you got your Visa granted in march. Were you still in the country at the time? Also in sponsorship form it asks how will sponsor support the child. How do you answer that if still in RSA. The question eluding to being in Aus already so its a little confusing. for me its logical as we still here and will be until we get babies Visa. And once I move I will be working there.

Also it asks how much money is the child taking into Aus. If his an infant surely this is not applicable?

Just wanted some guidance please if you may.

Thanking you in advance. 

Regards

I applied from the Netherlands and was still in the Netherlands when I received the visa. It’s the same for you. You’ll be offshore (not in Australia)

For the 2nd questions would you mind telling me which section of the form its in. I’m scrolling through the form now and I can’t seem to remember where that  specific sponsorship question is. I do however recall we submitted a stamped letter from my husbands work confirming his then employment. 

As for the last question yes it’s NA. 

Man o man I am grateful for your assistance. May the Lord bless you abundantly.

The confusing part is form 40Ch Q6 and Q20. Q6 I can tick permanent residence as got my 189 but then  it asks for Date of arrival in Australia. we went to validate and returned. The question seems to elude that we are living there already. Currently I inserted date of visa grant notification. is this correct? underneath it requests proof which I will have the visa grant notification.

Q20 says in a note saying that if residential address is not in australia to please attach a statement on how I will meet my sponsor obligations. I assume this can be done in a form of a letter? T plan is I will go alone first for work while my wife will sell up here and come to us with the kids. Luckily my first born has the 189. And also family here will assist suporting her in my absence. Just curious how did you go about answering these questions. 

It’s no problem - happy to help!

Q6 I ticked permanent resident and then wrote NA for the arrival date. 

Q20 can I be completely honest I can’t recall what I wrote but your plan for the statement sounds good. I would also mention taking funds over. If you already have a job lined up then make reference to that too. 

Cheers 

Hi there. I just wanted to thank you once more for your help.

well we submitted within a week got an email saying its being processed. its been a month now... still waiting for it be to finalised.

From submission to getting the visa I waited 8 months. I see the processing times at the moment are currently 12 - 17 months.