Depression before medical assessment

Ella007

Hi. I want to find out.... We're in the process and we will need to do our medical assessment soon.... But I have recently had to see a psychologist and she has advises me that there are 2 ways to claim from my medical aid... Either from my savings or she could log it under depression and then my medical aid would cover it without using our savings... Would this have a negative effect on my medical assessment if it states I'm being treated for depression? I don't have depression, but for financial reasons on our medical aid she recommended logging it under depression due to the medical aid covering that separately. 

Can you wait until after your medical assessment and then start seeing her? 

Otherwise, since you'll be leaving your medical aid soon, maybe you should just use your savings portion.

12 hours ago, Ella007 said:

for financial reasons on our medical aid she recommended logging it under depression

If it's not for depression, don't claim it under depression.

12 hours ago, RYLC said:

maybe you should just use your savings portion.

Be careful with this, medical aids give you your full medical savings plan at the beginning of the year.  If you cancel in June and you've used up your medical savings they will require you to pay back pro-rata (50% of the full medical savings allocated for the year in this case).  

• 2 years later...