Hallo everyone

seanm

Hi - This is my first post. I have been reading various topics on this forum for the past 2 weeks. I think it is amazing and there is a huge amount of info that is useful for the process. Our family (me, my wife and 3 kids 7, 5 and 18 months) have been discussing moving to Aus for some time and I have contacted a migration agent in Brisbane a while ago to advise us on the best visa options. It seems that we qualify for the SIR visa 495 and we decided to go this route. Last week in th Sunday newspaper I saw an advertisement by a Aus company looking for people in my line of work to be sponsored to go and work in aus. I contacted them and have set up an appointment to see them next week as they will be in South Africa to conduct interviews. I think it would be ideal if one can be sponsored and assisted by a company to get you there and have a job when you arrive. Please hold thumbs that all goes well.

Seanm

Hi Sean

Welcome to the forum! Here you will have many hours of laughter and intense reading.

All the people here are very friendly and helpful, so feel free to post questions, answers and whatever you think will make someone else smile.

Good luck with the interview and let us know how it went.

Riaan van der Merwe

Hi Sean

Welcome :)

Good luck with the interview I pray that you get the job.

Take care

Michelle

:lol:

You can do it!!!

;)

Thanks Riaan, Michelle and Elana. I will let you know what happined.

sean

Good luck, Sean! What line of work are you in?

Gill

I originally qualified as an attorney but I have been working as an Financial Planner for the last 8 years.

sean

Hi Sean

Good luck with the job interview. have lived in Queensland for 5.5 years and love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just an update - I went for the interview with the Aus company on 4 June and everything went well. They did the initial interview in SA and if my skills were suitable they would arrange further interviews in Aus. Well good news I have just heard that they feel my skills would be usefull and we can take the process further. Hopefully I will be in Aus soon for interviews and then also do LSD at the same time.

seanm

Great, with all the positive energy from the forumites sure you'll be here in a jiffy.

Nilo