Cash on hand when immigrating on SC190

ferreiraw

Question

Good day everyone. 

I hope everyone is making some good progress to making their immigration dreams a reality. 

I want to find out if anyone possibly knows more about the funds that you need to have available when immigrating on a 190 Visa. I briefly read somewhere that I need to able to show proof of about AU$15000 on hand when going over as part of the terms, but now I cannot seem to find it.

Can anyone possibly confirm this, or know of any other requirements regarding cash on hand that I need to know of, or budget for? 

Thanks in advance. 

5 answers to this question

@ferreiraw, no proof of funds needed when we came over 1.5 years ago!

@Geite Thanks. After a bit of digging I came across the piece I read earlier.

So when immigrating on a SC190 Visa to Queensland, as part of the BSMQ requirements there is a “Settlement Funds Decleration” that needs to be made, which consists of a Cash component (AU$ 15,000.00) and an Other Funds Component (AU$ 20,000.00). This is specifically for Main Applicant +1. The numbers change a bit depending on how many people apply. 

I even emailed them to get some clarity. My argument is that if I want to apply for a SC190 visa, on an IT based skill then I also need proof that I already have a job offer for a minimum of 12 months, so technically by the time that I can go over I still need settlement funds, but not to that extent. Nevertheless, they make the rules, I’ll just make a plan to get it done. 

@ferreiraw, I would get in touch with one of the immigration agents on the forum. We never had any of these issues.

@Geite Yea I am going to speak with a migration agent after I get a positive skills assessment. No use talking about if’s and but’s if I don’t have a skills assessment to go on. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. 

On 07/04/2018 at 3:28 PM, ferreiraw said:

I want to find out if anyone possibly knows more about the funds that you need to have available when immigrating on a 190 Visa. I briefly read somewhere that I need to able to show proof of about AU$15000 on hand when going over as part of the terms, but now I cannot seem to find it.

Can anyone possibly confirm this, or know of any other requirements regarding cash on hand that I need to know of, or budget for? 

I can see you have found the relevant web site now. 
For information for others reading with regards to the SC190 visas the individual States / Territories often have additional selection criteria which varies by state and sometimes includes consideration of your funds/assets.