Will I get notified if passport application is unsuccessful?

Gee08

Question

Good day,

I was just wondering if I will get notified somehow if my passport application is unsuccessful. The waiting is stressing me out. I am in Australia. I renewed/applied for my son's passport in December 2017. But I am now worried that he took his photo with his reading glasses on. I was so stressed out I didn't even think.

Thank you,

G

5 answers to this question

Hi there G

You can email the Home Affairs Contact Centre at HACC@dha.gov.za to ask for updates and the status of your passport application.

I sent them a number of emails over a two month period (Oct-Dec 2017) and all were responded to professionally within two to three business days.  As your application is approximately three months in, you can try calling the SAHC, Monday- Friday between 08.30am and 12pm.  Once again, my requests directed to SAHC were suitably answered when I called them.

Cheers

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for your answer. I emailed home affairs in South Africa and they got back to me quite quickly. They have now let me know that they have not received a passport application for my son. I don't know what to do. What will happen now? I am not PR or citizen. My son's visa expired in February this year. I will also call High Commision tomorrow.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Sorry, i dont understand the above,

You are in Australia but dont have PR or Citizenship, your son's Visa expired in Feb but he is still here in Australia?

Have you overstayed your visa's?

Hi,

Can anyone in this forum confirm what the time-frame is currently for getting a South African passport that is applied for here in Aus?  I see the website says 6 - 12 months so I am hoping it is a bit better in terms of a turnaround.

Thanks

I sent an application for my 2 kids to Canberra on 27 April 2018, so I guess I am in for a long wait. Their passports only expire mid-2019 so I thought I would start early just incase the normal slow useless service continues. Let's see if they surprise me