Jump to content

Letter required from old medical aid?


Recommended Posts



I have seen some people obtain letters from their medical cover providers about their cover prior to their move to Aussie. Is this really necessary?

I am on a 189 visa.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot comment on people moving permanently, but when we were in Ozzie on 457, certificates from previous medical cover providers made it possible for BUPA to wave waiting periods on some issues for us. Since 189/190 automatically gets you medicare, I am not sure how they would help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am moving from Europe (Netherlands to be specific) and it's mandatory to have medial cover. So I don't see how a letter from my provider is going to be of any help.


Anyone able to advise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...