Wife pregnant - Wait or apply

Psychologist

Question

Hi everybody,

In the process of gathering all the info (skills assessment, writing IELTS etc.) in preparation for the EOI we have now heard my wife is pregnant. Would you recommend we wait with our EOI and subsequent PR application or go ahead and just keep the CO posted? I've also heard mixed responses re my wife going for her medicals during pregnancy. 

Your responses are appreciated.

5 answers to this question

The problem in waiting, that I see, the Australian government seems to be cutting back on immigration, and there is always a chance, if you wait, that your qualifications are no longer on the wanted list!

• Like 1

It does complicate things because as far as I know if your visa gets granted before the baby is born you would have to apply for a child visa separately.  It will cost an arm and a leg if you don't include the baby in the application from the beginning.

From what I've read regarding the medicals during pregnancy is that it depends a lot on the stage she's at. Apparently it's ok during some stages but not others.

I would recommend talking to a good agent about the chances of your occupation dropping off the list, and then armed with this additional information, weigh up your risks and make a decision.

Good luck.

I agree with both what @ChrisH and @Mara have said. 

I am currently in the process of a child 101 visa and it is very expensive and the processing times are VERY long; far longer than for 189 or 190. I think you need to get some professional advice on whether there is a chance your skill will be removed in the upcoming months. If it's unlikely then I would wait and include the baby as part of the original application. However if there is a high chance that it will be removed then get applying sooner rather than later.

Heyy - new to the Forum here. 

Not sure if you are going for 189?

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on Australian Visa's 

BUT,

The way things are going at the moment with invites...I think you should consider how many points you have first? 

If they are "low" 60 - 65: - I'd say submit now...the chances of an invite are small at the moment - and you may as well get your place in the queue. 

If your points are 70+: If it were me, I'd wait...chances of invite are a lot better and like everyone says - it could turn expensive!!!

Best of Luck :lol: