Are you getting errors when accessing our site?

Jordy

Question

A number of users have reported getting this error when trying access our site.  It only happens when using WiFi and not mobile data like 3G or 4G.

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: cjUiQclJ9Isy_InEcVK2elOZTn6nqHn1tJBP8Uv_cfARnJ_i44N1MQ==

if you have had this error can you let me know please.  Jordy@saaustralia.org

25 answers to this question

Yes all the time since about Christmas time.  I have to use a virtual server to get on. Wifi won't work and 3G/4G is intermittent.

I've tried multiple browsers too and Opera (yes I know! I was desparate) says that there is a problem with the digital certificate of the website if that information is helpful to you.

Not me, all works for me! Thank goodness, as I am not tech savvy!

Same issues @jordy, I access the site mainly from my mobile on my iPhone and have that error on 3G/4G and WIFI. 

I also get that error - I haven't tried turning the wifi off though and just using 4G. Desktop sometimes give me that error but if I just turn the VPN on it works.

I also have the issue sometimes that I will select a thread to read and then the screen flashes blank after a few seconds (happens on the phone and tablet but not laptop)

Moral of the story - maybe I have too many devices...:huh:

I mostly access the forum from my laptop over wi-fi, so no issues on my side.

I use a desktop and laptop regularly, both using an up to date Windows 10 on chrome, iinet VDSL & office connection, no problems

Gave a quick test from a virtual machine in Microsoft's hosting environment with no problems (Server 2016 & Google Chrome) 

Fired up Internet explorer and Edge and tried those from the desktop as a quick test with no problems (Both fully updated)

The peeps getting the errors, have you run updates on your PC's? I could be a patch thing?

Ok,  did a bit of reading up, this can be caused by cache and cookies in your web browser,

Can one of the peeps please post what web browser you are using and i will put up instructions on how to clear cookies and cache without resetting any of the important bits, then they can test if that fixes the issue

Edited by Nev

Nev I've done all that, my laptop is up to date and I've tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox and even Opera. Some newly installed to try too. It's a host server issue because someone behind the scenes for the forum asked for my IP address and then tweaked something so that it all worked fine for a short while. Also when I use a virtual server it also works fine which just reiterates that it is a host server issue. The exact steps I use which is why I KNOW it's the host server: open browser and type in URL, get error. Leave browser open at the same spot. Open up VPN service. Choose Sydney as the location and connect. Go back to open browser, hit refresh and suddenly it can get to the forum. 

So cloudfront is a distribution system but it also can have blacklisted IP's 

If the problem is not fixed on your side then your IP has been blacklisted, are you running a static IP? (PS this gets done automatically by Amazon not saaustralia),

If not switch off your router for 30 minutes, that should make sure that you get a new IP when you re-connect 

i would also check for viruses on your network or your kids trying out some hacking via your network, might also be worth changing all your WIFI passwords and making sure they are all set to WPA2 and you dont have that share your internet telstra rubbish happening, as it could be the neighbors using your network and therefore IP

Thanks for the suggestions but we are on top of all that. Husband is an engineer and has had to do this sort of stuff as a job.  

Also the error is across many IPs as people on the Facebook group for this page have had the same issue and we live all across Australia. 

I can get on via my VPS so I've fixed it for myself. Also means I spend less time on here which can be a good thing when I need to be working. 

it is a host side error.  Very frustrating cause they can’t seem to fix it.  It is as said above, that IP addresses are getting banned for excessive error logs. Each IP address then has to be manually unbanned.  Our software supplier is working on it. 

Thanks for your help addressing this Jordy

Hi @Jordy, The website is still a problem. I get flashes of access (like now) and then it shuts me out.

Hi Simon,

I have asked Invision Support to check your IP address again. So sorry this is happening and thank you for reporting it. I still wonder how many are having issues but not telling me cause the cant get on.

Without my VPN I would not be able to get on at all.  Nothing else works: not my home wifi, work wifi, friends wifi or 3g/4g.  It's just crazy.  

@Jordy can we not get them to purge that table completely?  

Is this an AWS Cloudfront issue?  Do Invision Support have examples of the errors that caused people to be booted?

For 2 days I've been able to access the site on my home WiFi which is the first time since the beginning of January. So Invision is doing something right.

However, there is an issue with the website on mobile phones. It keeps reloading or hanging up. This is on Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

@Jordy, my home WiFi IP address seems to have been purged. However, my phone (different IP) is still blocked from the site. As @ChrisH suggests, can they purge the IP completely.

Edited by SimpleSimon

On 31/01/2018 at 8:43 PM, Jordy said:

Hi Simon,

I have asked Invision Support to check your IP address again. So sorry this is happening and thank you for reporting it. I still wonder how many are having issues but not telling me cause the cant get on.

I'm also getting issues. It's been like this for close to 3 weeks now. keeps throwing me out.

I cant get access via ipad or iphone. Only computer. Is this issue still happening?

Yes it is unfortunately.  It's a hosting issue so there's nothing wrong with your devices.

• Sad 2

I can only get in using a VPN now.

And the site is unstable on my iPad and iPhone.