190 State Sponsorship

Lady

Question

Hi Everyone 

I've been reading this forum for a very long time and I think all your topics and answers are so helpful. You are all the best!

I'm a hairdresser seeking state sponsorship in the NT. 

What are the chances at this time of the year getting sponsorship?

Are there any quotas?

How will I know what our chances are?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I think the first thing to look at would be whether your skill is on the list for NT (I assume you have and it is).

As for chances, I think you need to tally up your points (age, IELTS score, years of experience etc) and determine that you meet the point requirements. My understanding of the process is that if you have the skill a state wants and meet the point requirements, have no criminal record and no deal breaker health issues then you are placed in a pool of candidates and those with the higher point score will be nominated first.

As for the quotas I am afraid I have no idea and as for your "chances" I would recommend using an agent. I believe they will not recommend you submit an application or even an EOI if you have a poor chance of being successful. When we got our 189 visa our process began with meeting an agent and sussing out our chances. 

Good luck

Thanks

We did submit, with all requirements. Just hoping it will work out. This is stressful.

Praying for sponsorship.