Drivers License Queensland

TamTam

Hi all

The existing posts on this topic are a few years old but the most recent one I found from 2014 stated that you can convert your existing license to an Ozzie one in Queensland? Is this true?

I wonder what happens if your license is not in English...

Cheers for now

You can still convert your licence here in the good old Untied State of QLD. If it's not in English you will need to have it translated by an official NATI translator.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, HadEnoughofJuju said:

You can still convert your licence here in the good old Untied State of QLD. If it's not in English you will need to have it translated by an official NATI translator.

Translation done - do you know if I need a letter stating it's a valid license, mentioned here http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/48924-nsw-license-conversion/?tab=comments#comment-449743

As far as I know QLD Transport and Main Roads don't need a letter like NSW do but I did convert 5 years ago.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

• 4 months later...

Hi all, looks like we'll be going to Brisbane so I'm wondering if I need a letter from RSA stating that my licence is legit? Has anyone converted their RSA licence recently?

I converted my Dutch License (with a translation) earlier this month and it was crazy easy. You will need:

- proof if address in australia

- passport

- 1 other card with your name on it (can be an oz or South African card)

- you don’t need a letter saying your license is legit 

Where are are you moving to in Bris?

Edited by TamTam

@TamTam, thanks for the info. 
We haven't decided on the area yet as it will depend on where I find work. My wife works for Dimension Data (working on a transfer) which is based in the CBD so she'll have to travel.

I'll go through the Brisbane suburbs thread in more detail closer to the time. At the moment I'm fully into the job hunt.

We prefer a shorter commute so looked in area within 10km of the cbd. We only have one car so the plan is for my husband to cycle or use the bus and I'll use the car. Thankfully we found a place 4km from his office.

I think it depends on whether you go with 'live where you work or live where you play'. Personally I prefer the former.