Urgent Advice on Kids Unabridged Birth Certificates

Charnmario

Question

Dear Members

We have been struggling with the DHA since 2015 in obtaining completed UAB Birth certificates for our 9 year old twins.  The last thing we were told is to do DNA test for the 4 of us at a cost of R3000, completed in September 2017.  We then completed another set of forms and submitted early October only to find that the office we're dealing with (Byron Place in PTA) did not attach our forms and we made no copies!!!

We applied for our 489 Visas 15th June 2017, sent in all documents by August but they have asked for the twins UAB birth certificates which we still don't have.  We send the DNA results report to DIBP too but not sure if this will be accepted while waiting for DHA.

Has anyone else perhaps had this experience and to the Agents on the forum, do you know if DIBP will accept the DNA results or want the UAB BCs?  we definitely want this but could it hold up their decision on our visa grants?

Any advice or information will be most welcome to  very frustrated parents:angry:

Thanks

Charlotte

5 answers to this question

That sounds insanely frustrating. I am curious why you had to do a DNA test though.

Hi TamTam

In 2008, my husband (the father) registered their births but the DHA left his name off the birth certificates so we had to apply for a name insertion,  after another 12 months, we were told to have DNA tests to prove parentage.  This was earlier this year and after the DNA report which proves that he is the father, we had to apply to link his name to the twins.  This is where we are now stuck in this frustrating process.

The current UAB BCs has my name as the mother but not my husband's and we need this for the Visa as well as when we emigrate to AUZ.

Does someone on this forum have any contacts at DHA where we can escalate our case?

Thanks

Charlotte

oh my goodness that's crazy frustrating! I hope you are able to resolve this soon!

Try and phone the presidential hotline the number is 17737. Awesome way to escalate Home Affairs frustrations.

All the best with this debacle!  This will only make it so much sweeter to finally have those visas in hand!