How does ImmiTracker work?

March2

Question

Can someone please explain how Immitracker works?  Will this interfere with the fact that my agent has submitted my EOI?  Don't want to cause any problems?

6 answers to this question

I don't think immitracker has anything to do with your application, Only the people who have registered on it and provided their details manually will have their eois and visa lodgements displayed.

It is basically a diary of your applications, you can even lie in it and the only effect that will have is to make other people believe you received your visa earlier or not at all if you forget to fill it in once visa has been granted.

Let me get the point O should have started with...

It is basically a more professional and world wide version of the tables the people on this forum create to keep track of visa applications in that specific month and probably only has about 30% of all applications registered on it as most people wouldn't even bother.

• Like 1

It's a tracking website that is community run, to try help other people get some idea about the overall visa process.

Agents (and those who applied without agents) add their cases and keep them updated. This way, you can take a look and get some sense of "it looks like the case-officers are getting to expressions lodged in October, and I lodged in October, so I might be somewhere near the top of the pile..."

It's not run by DIBP at all (and thus there are many cases which are NOT on my immitracker), and the analyzers there are in no way 100% accurate: meaning the "estimate your grant date" is a best-guess thumb-suck based on averages in the cases only on myimmitracker.

So, this will not interfere with your EOI at all - just check that your agent hasn't already put it on myimmitracker so there aren't duplicates.

Thanks @LOL and @iambrettstar. I get it now. So it’s a little pointless to create a myimmitracker account  as it’s not a true reflection of the actual applications that have actually been received by DIBP 

12 minutes ago, March2 said:

So it’s a little pointless to create a myimmitracker account  as it’s not a true reflection of the actual applications that have actually been received by DIBP 

It's not completely pointless - whilst you can't guarantee that people are being truthful, there's no reason to lie, and whilst it only accounts for a portion of applications, at least it is some view of the process. At a glance you can check the average response times for the applications on there, and you can filter by country, anzco code etc....it adds a tiny bit of transparency which to me is more helpful than being completely blind to the process.

Of course, not everyone feels the same way - so feel free to add or not add as you like.

For what it's worth, I registered my application on ImmiTracker and the CO/Direct Grant estimate date was pretty much on the button (unfortunately got a request for more docs)...I think the amount of cases there are a good enough sample size to represent fairly reliably the visa processing timelines.

• Like 1

Unfortunately ImmiTracker is not for all types of applications. The transparency that @iambrettstar refers to would help put my mind at ease about my son's visa application.