189 Visa application

LookingAlittle

Question

Hi folks

We are just starting the process now and would appreciate some advice on where to start.

First thing is should we use a immigration agent (seems like the best option apart from the costs involved) or is it possible (and advisable) to do it my self?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is something only you can answer.  It is 100% possible to do it yourself with enough determination and time invested.  Personally, I used an agent.

The information required is all available online - so it's relatively simple if your application is relatively straightforward. I did it myself (although I'm still waiting...) if you're not confident filling in the forms and figuring out the requirements yourself, then chat to an agent.

Hi, its difficult  to answer , I used an agent , and it worked great. (no regrets)

But looking back its not rocket science.........if you have someone (or an entire forum ;-)) to help you , you should be OK

I tried to use agents initially but found them irritating. I then did the whole thing myself. Totally doable if you are comfortable with trawling through documents. Definitely print out everything, highlight what is applicable to you and then proceed step by step.

It depends on how difficult your application is going to be. Ours was really simple, I did it myself. BUT if you need to claim work experience to get the right amount of points, then you should be careful about it. There are lots of pitfalls for unusual applications, including medical issues, some skills assessments, sometimes how you can claim work experience. We can't tell you off the bat what is going to work for you.