190 Visa question

LOL

Question

Hi everyone

Our agent submitted EOIs for a 189 and 190 visa on our behalf on Tuesday and he informed me this morning that we have been invited to apply for the 190 visa. I would ask my agent but he is already enjoying his weekend and I am too impatient to wait for Monday ;)

My questions are ...

1. How does a 190 application work after after submitting the EOI for it?

2. Could this really be the invitation already or just an invitation to apply for state sponsorship or both in 1?

I only have 14 days to accept so I am assuming it is not the actual visa invitation which gives you 60 days.

Thanks very much

6 answers to this question

:( It may be worthwhile to wait for the 189 invite, but I only have 60 points for the 189. Although I still think I should get an invite before 12 weeks

HI @LOL

States do differ, but when we received our invitation to apply from Victoria, the actual ITA arrived 2 days later. Our agent then submitted relevant documentation and we paid our visa fees. So my understanding is that it is the same thing.

What did you apply for? I know the process in ICT is to do an EOI and then basically ask if you may apply for Visa 190. This is kind of a pre-invite and usually fast. Then only you apply for state nomination and this takes around 12 weeks (VIC anyway) and if they approve you state nomination application you can apply for a Visa 190 through the EOI with DIBP.

Thanks for the feedback @Husky, you give me hope but I believe you were also quite lucky to receive your Invite that fast.

@renvilo I am an electrician but the process for all 190 visas will be the same with possibly some professions receiving priority over others based on what the specific states needs are.