Visa Declines?

Charnmario

Question

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had their visas declined?  if so what was the reasoning.

My concern is that I am 49 years old and they have changed the age limits to <45 from 1st July 2017.

However, I lodged on 15th June but could this be a reason they reject even if I have the 60 points?

Hope someone can share their experience or thoughts on this subject as it's been an agonising wait the past 5 months:):):(

Thanks

Charlotte

• Sad 1

6 answers to this question

I suggest that you talk to an agent about this - there are a few on the forum. 

On 01/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, Charnmario said:

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had their visas declined?  if so what was the reasoning.

My concern is that I am 49 years old and they have changed the age limits to <45 from 1st July 2017.

However, I lodged on 15th June but could this be a reason they reject even if I have the 60 points?

Hope someone can share their experience or thoughts on this subject as it's been an agonising wait the past 5 months:):):(

Thanks

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, I am not an agent, but to my very limited knowledge the information that was on your EOI and on which you received the invitation to apply is what you have to substantiate in your visa application.  I was on the cusp of losing age points when I got my invitation, then lodged and crossed over the 45 mark within a matter of weeks and still got my visa granted.

NB - This was however before they changed the age limit, so I can’t comment on the implications of this.

My agent informed me at that time that the clock kinda stops once you receive your invitation and as long as you adequately prove that information is true and provide the evidence required accordingly,  all should be okay.  This is because they judge your application based on the conditions you receive your invitation under.  I did also read this on the immi website somewhere, at some point.

All the best, hope you get some good news soon!

Hi

The legislation in respect of the subclass 189 visa currently states: Item 1137(4B) table item 3  'The applicant must not have turned 45 at the time of invitation to apply for the visa ' - prior to 1 July 2017 this it stated the same except used the age 50.

Thanks MichKen and TeeTMI

Still figuring out how to reply directly to each person:unsure:

I should be okay then guys and waiting expectantly.:D

Regards

Charl

7 hours ago, Charnmario said:

Still figuring out how to reply directly to each person

Highlight the text you want to quote and click Quote this.  That will create the little quote box like ^^ (or click quote if you want to respond to the full post):

2017-11-10_07-57-18.png.1f87b71f78f504781d1cfe2601e662e6.png

12 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Highlight the text you want to quote and click Quote this.  That will create the little quote box like ^^ (or click quote if you want to respond to the full post):

2017-11-10_07-57-18.png.1f87b71f78f504781d1cfe2601e662e6.png

Got it now, thanks

• Like 1