Brisbane area to live - Carina/Carina Hights/Carindale/Tingalpa

grootliam

Hi All

Do any of you live or know anybody that has settled in the above mentioned areas in the title.

Any feedback good or bad will be appreciated.

Also we are looking to send my 7year old son to a state school in one of these areas next year.

Hi grootliam,

We live in the Bayside in Wakerley. In my opinion the best State School in the above suburbs will be Belmont SS, which is the catchment school for Carindale.

I think Tingalpa's SS is a bit questionable...🤔. 

The other thing that you might want to concider is public transport. Tingalpa is probably closest to a train line, but from Carindale and Carina you can only take the bus.

Personally, if I have to rate the areas, in terms of look and feel of the area, I'd say:

1) Carindale

2) Carina

3) Tingalpa

If you decide to go for Tingalpa, try to get your kid into either Gumdale SS or Wondall Heights. Both schools have good reputations. Between the two, I'd go for Gumdale. My kids are in Gumdale and we are very pleased.

Feel free to shoot with more questions re these areas.

Liz 

Ps. Our house that we are renting will be available from after 7 Dec. We've bought and are moving out 1st week in Dec. We are in the Mossvale on Manly Estate in Wakerley. There's lots of Saffas in yhis area. We are a short drive to the Esplanade and close to parks, schools, shopping centre's, doctors and transport.