High Schools in Brisbane South

TanyaCoetzee

Hi,

Would appreciate some advice. We looking at moving to Brisbane in January 2018. Have had a look at two schools for our kids, one being Brisbane Christian Private College and then Mansfield State College.

Is there anybody on this forum that have kids in any of these two schools that can comment as to how they find the schools. I understand that the Mansfield State College has a catchment area. I am interested in the school as I see that they got a really high score in the 2017 NAPLAN results as per the link below.

Thank you

Tanya

https://www.familiesmagazine.com.au/secondary-school-ranking/

• 1 month later...

Hi Tanya, 

I see you posted this in October already with no reply. Hope it's not too late for my 1c. 

Mansfield does have an excellent reputation (best of all the state schools in the South), but it is state so you absolutely have to stay in the catchment (which can be tricky), and otherwise they can handpick the best students from outside the catchment. There's also hear say that the good achievers get all the attention (thus the high scores) and the bottom end fall through the cracks. 

With Brisbane Christian - I went to one of their open days. Compared to other Christain Private Schools in the south, specifically Citipointe and Redlands College, they did not really impress me too much.  (But, they were also less expensive than the other two). The location were a big negative for me bacause I think traffic in the mornings can be HECTIC (depending where you stay). 

I have some experience with Citipointe and Redlands College if you still have more questions, you are welcome to pm me.

Other Christian privates in the South are Calvary and Redeemer Lutheran but I have no experience with them.

All the best with your move.

Liz