revved to go!

dolfin

Hi everybody,

My family (husband Doug and kids, Micayla 12, Ashley 9, Justin 19mnths) can't wait to get to Oz.

We have sold our farm and are just waiting for the sale to go through then we will charge ahead!

Never been to Oz and am not in the least bit to go. Any suggestions on NSW will be great.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Good luck, hope your road to Aus is a very smooth one!

I live in Melbourne, so unfortunately cannot give any advice about NSW.

Hi everybody,

My family (husband Doug and kids, Micayla 12, Ashley 9, Justin 19mnths) can't wait to get to Oz.

We have sold our farm and are just waiting for the sale to go through then we will charge ahead!

Never been to Oz and am not in the least bit to go. Any suggestions on NSW will be great.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, I can understand your passion and desire to start afresh here in Australia. I am assuming that you or Doug have paper qualifications which will be acceptable and needed here? You will find it difficult to get in unless you do have the right papers. Sorry to sound a note of alarm - We live in Queensland so cant help you with NSW - afraid it is imperative to look see and then decide where you would like to be. If you need more advice with visas etc there are others on this forum who are probably more enlightened than me - but good luck - it is a great place to live if you cant live in Africa!

Pat

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Cheryl

Good luck, hope your road to Aus is a very smooth one!

I live in Melbourne, so unfortunately cannot give any advice about NSW.

Hi Pat

Sorry I have not replied, thank you for your mail, we still have a while yet as we are waiting for our farm sale to go through. My brother is also leaving early next year and my Mom lives with me, so it will be easier to take her with us. My husband is a fitter so no problem there.

How long have you been there and is it all it's said to be?

Cheryl

Hi Dolfin,

Just read your post and hope it all works out good for your families. What would you like to know about N.S.W, are you wanting to go back to farming and need info about areas etc. We have a Newspaper called The Land that deals with Farming /Markets/auctions etc. Pm me I might have more ideas about areas as we did a fair bit of travelling looking for our little piece of heaven (journal - going bush).

ABC TV have a program Landline and others Four Corners which could help with info. www.abctvnet.com.au I think.

Hope that helps Rina

Hi Dolfin,

Just read your post and hope it all works out good for your families. What would you like to know about N.S.W, are you wanting to go back to farming and need info about areas etc. We have a Newspaper called The Land that deals with Farming /Markets/auctions etc. Pm me I might have more ideas about areas as we did a fair bit of travelling looking for our little piece of heaven (journal - going bush).

ABC TV have a program Landline and others Four Corners which could help with info. www.abctvnet.com.au I think.

Hope that helps Rina

Hi Rina,

My husband is a fitter & turner, so that is what he will go into once there, which will be early next year.

My brother is also going over early next year so that will help us as well, my mom lives with me so having by brother there will help in getting her over. we wont be farming as we only live on a small holding and both work, i'm in sales with Chubb Security.

We are looking at NSW or Queensland, somewhere near the coast.

Cheers

Cheryl