Subclass 600 Applied for from South Africa

RichardH

Question

Hi All

My in-laws are coming to visit later this year and have recently gone through the process of applying for visitor visas in Johannesburg.

This includes the biometric data capturing at TLS contact offices in Sandton.

They have been to Australia several times on tourist visas and I was hoping the process would be getting easier.

I have heard a lot of complaining from my mother in law about the process being much more difficult and expensive.

Can anyone share recent experiences with this process and possibly answer the following questions?

1. Do the biometrics have to be captured every time a tourist visa application is submitted?

2. Is the cost really of the order of ZAR2500 per person per application?

3. Has anyone been granted this visa valid for multiple entries with a validity period of more than 3 years?

I hear a lot of complaints from her about it and just wanted to separate fact from fiction without getting involved directly if you know what I mean…:rolleyes:

The border security website is now becoming a distant memory and I'd like to keep it that way. I'd just like to hear what others are going through.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet