Looking for Cronulla rental

Slater

Hi

Anybody know anyone with a rental for me, my wife and our 3 young kids in or around Cronulla? Can be an apartment or anything. Just enough for us to settle in as a family. 

I have been living working in Sydney for past 3 months trying to get set up for my families arrival next month. I have started in Liverpool as it is close to my office but I find I work on site in the city and eastern suburbs more. We would like to settle in the Cronulla area as it seams to be more affordable and family friendly than the previous mentioned suburbs. Plus an easier commute than the western suburbs. We are from Cape Town, me and my kids surf and love the sea and would struggle to be far from it. 

I am in the process of viewing and applying for rental properties but I thought I would take a chance and put it out there. 

Sorry this doesn't answer your rental question... its just advice..

I hope you enjoy "the shire". Cronulla is Sydney's Jearsy Shore (if you believe everything they say on TV). Before you move there, ask a few people at work if you would fit in at "the shire".

Being close to the sea is a big luxury. There is the lane cove national park and Ku Ring Gai national park on the north shore. The royal national park on the southern shore. So, the only way for Sydney to grow has been out west. So, its put a premium on beachfront property. 

Ideally I would have suggested Manly for you... its a nice crowd of people up there. They remind me of the people from cape town. There is a "fast" ferry into the city.  So you can be in the city in +- an hour. But then to go to the eastern suburbs is another 20 minutes. And to go to Liverpool is over 2 hours.... so that unfortunately rules out Manly. 

You also have to think about how long it will take from Cronulla to Liverpool. If you move to Cronulla your kids may love it... but then your next project may be back in Liverpool. If that is the case you will be spending over an hour and a half on public transport (each way!). That's not good! Loosing three hours a day means you will miss out on a lot with your kids. I know they want to surf, but they want their dad more.  Even if you drive, you will only be reimbursed for the extra you travel to customer's sites. So, if you live near liverpool and its a 10km trip to work,  but its 30km to the project site... you get reimbursed for the extra 20kms. But if you live in Cronulla and normally travel 40kms to work... you won't be reimbursed for traveling to clients sites. 

If you have to live near the beach, I would start looking for a new job  (when you can). A job in the CBD, Macquarie park, Chatswood, etc..would mean you could live in Manly or Dee Why. 

Also, there are some nice new housing estates opening up near Liverpool. Sydney has the 2nd most un-affordable housing in the world. Owning a house is a huge luxury. You might just be able afford to buy near Liverpool.

Edited by monsta