Orthodontist in NSW

vitchie

Hi all

Does anybody have any experience dealing with orthodontists in Sydney or NSW or know of a South African orthodontist? The reason I ask is my daughter has braces and is mid-way through her treatment. We need to find someone that is willing to continue the tightening of a chain that is pulling one of her teeth out of the gums and into the mouth. Once that tooth is exposed a full on orthdontic plan can begin.

This is one of the biggest stress factors we have. I just don't want to us to arrive and all the orthodontists refuse to continue someone else's work.

@vitchie We are in the same boat, however, my current SA orthodontist made some changes to our treatment plan to accommodate our move. He also gave us a name of an orthodontist from Parramatta that he met at a dinner one night here in SA. I can pm you details if you would like?

• Like 1

Hi @LouiseMark, that will be awesome, please PM me the details.

Try Dr Titus in Turramurra...a friend of mine is a dentist and sent both her daughters there, and recommended her to me for my daughter ( just finished phase 1,expander twin block and will be moving on to braces soon)

she has had a lovely bedside manner and is excellent with children.

• Like 1

This was our daughter's orthodontist.  He was recommended to us by our dentist. We did not realise that he was South African until he told us during our initial consultation.  Great guy. Did an excellent job on her teeth! 

http://www.bachmayerorthodontics.com.au/

He has rooms in Norwest (Sydney Hills District)

• Like 1

On 2017-5-26 at 5:30 PM, LouiseMark said:

ditto! @Yuvi so you were happy?

Yes we were very happy.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2017 at 6:43 PM, vitchie said:

I just don't want to us to arrive and all the orthodontists refuse to continue someone else's work.

Get your daughter’s X-Rays, progress/treatment reports and treatment plan together with a letter from her current orthodontist detailing his instructions.  Then hand this to your new orthodontist in Australia

• Like 1

Thanks everybody, I will get all the documents from our orthodontist and take it with to Dr Bachmayer as it seems pretty unanimous.