SkillSelect and Expression of Interest

JulesR

Question

I've created a SkillSelect account and am in the process of going through the requirements, but am nervous of doing something that I can't undo before submitting an EOI.  I have got as far as the page where you select the visas you want to apply for.  

1. Can I select multiple visas at once?
  2. If I select the employer sponsored visas but don't yet (let's be optimistic, shall we!!) have an employer to sponsor me, will this be a problem down the line?  Or should I ignore these visa categories until such time as I do get a sponsor?  (I'm not necessarily expecting to get an employer sponsor - I just want to keep my options open.)
  3. Once I've selected the visa option/s I want to apply for, what happens next?  Do they request information based on the visa categories you have selected?  
  4. And then what happens??

1 answer to this question

1) you can select multiple visas at once

2) you can select the employer sponsored option - theoretically an employer might create an account and search for someone.  However I would suggest most employers are not aware of this option.

3 & 4) there are a variety of questions within the EOI - there is a clear 'Submit' button at the end.  There is an option to amend information even after submission.

• Like 1