Aldi RSA Specials week April 19th

TeeTMI

Hahaha!!! Yes I saw it this morning and put it in our calendar, I know a certain person who is very partial to 'Ouma Rusks'....

As a chipaholic, I have still not recovered from their thoughtless move to drop the Simba chips from their RSA collection, a few of years ago. But I'll go Wednesday, regardless. 

Our local Woolworths stocks Simba, just two flavours, but still. I'm convinced that there are South Africans in our suburb, or at least a South African involved in the stocking of that branch of Woolworths.

17 hours ago, RedPanda said:

Our local Woolworths stocks Simba, just two flavours, but still. I'm convinced that there are South Africans in our suburb, or at least a South African involved in the stocking of that branch of Woolworths.

Our Woolies has a shelf of RSA goodies with Simba chips too. What I find extraordinary, is that they have placed their one and only chip flavour bet on.........wait for it...........Smokey Beef!?  If you are going to stock one flavour only, I think thats a very niche flavour. Why not the classic Salt n Vinegar?  Amateurs ?

• Like 2

And no All Gold tomato sauce.  

@FromDurbs the closest I have found to All Gold Tomato Sauce is Heinz Ketchup!

But our Woolies has All Gold.
I'm telling you, I think there is a South African involved somewhere in the supply chain.... we get All Gold, Cross & Blackwell, Mrs Balls, Tennis biscuits, Nik Naks, Simba, Sally Williams.... really, everything people go nuts about, even ProNutro.

Perhaps this is why we still haven't gone to any of the South African stores around Melbs?

Many of the Woolies and Coles do stock South African products where there is a demand (often at better prices than the RSA stores).

Unfortunately, I have tried asking out local Coles to get some products in but they were not interested.

7 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

Many of the Woolies and Coles do stock South African products where there is a demand (often at better prices than the RSA stores).

Unfortunately, I have tried asking out local Coles to get some products in but they were not interested.

Even in Sunbury? But you have lots of South African families there! Any chance you could make a notice and get everyone to sign up and show their interest?

• Like 1