Can we register for Centrelink online

JackoFam

Hi

We have been in Melbourne for 3.5 months (cant believe how quickly the time has gone!) and we never applied for centrelink when we joined medicare as we assumed we wouldn't be eligible for any rebates for ages. But now I am working full time and some of my colleagues have mentioned that I would qualify for a child care rebate for holiday and or after care for my son (10 years old) But I see my local centrelink office is only open on weekdays until 16h30. Does anyone know if you can register online? I already have a YouGov account.

Thanks

• Like 1

As far as I can remember you have to go into centre link  the first time around to get customer access numbers. They have self service pc's that you can then use to link your centre link account to the MyGov account. You will also need to prove identity by with 100 points. 

After all all that is done you can the do all the applications for child care rebate and child care benefit (which is asset tested and different to the rebate).

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

P.S. Make sure you both go together and register at the same time so that you get your accounts linked. Also make sure that you give one another access to enquire and access your account on your behalf so that either of you can talk to centre link about your applications.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju