Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 7/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, SamiKon said:

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but often read the topics for advice and it's super helpful! I am now in need of some clarification surrounding the Contributory Parental Visa for my parents who live in South Africa. They have Dutch passports but they have expired and they would need to travel to Holland in order to renew them.

I live in Brisbane (have been for 3 years) and have my PR based on my Dutch passport (originally from SA). Is it a possibility for my parents to do one the following:

A. Can they come over to Aus on their Dutch passports on a Holiday Visa and then apply for the CPV while they are here? Would they fall onto the Bridging Visa then until the CPV is approved? I am aware that it can take up to 5 years to be approved. 

B. Come over to Aus on their SA passports and apply for the CPV while here and receive the Bridging Visa?

Does the Bridging Visa come into affect while waiting for the CPV? Can they be living in the country up until it gets approved?

I have read online that it says you can't be in the country when it gets approved. How does that work?

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are 2 (or 3 with the 173) main CPVs the 143 offshore visa and the onshore 864 visa - with applications being made offshore/onshore respectively.  A Bridging visa would generally only be available with the onshore CPV.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@WendyAllison

Hi there.

How are you doing?

Hang on and stay strong.

This too shall pass and you will be in Aus soon.

HI Elna, the waiting game is very difficult.  My whole life is on hold.  Thank you for your kind words ❤️❤️ 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WendyAllison said:

HI Elna, the waiting game is very difficult.  My whole life is on hold.  Thank you for your kind words ❤️❤️ 

You still have my Aus mobile number? Or you can Fb message me.  Anytime. 

I have had so many ups and downs since arriving in Aus. It has been a real rollercoaster ride but I still do not regret any single minute of it.

Done some free courses and paid ones too. 

Found my perfect job at an aged care facility (at my age!)) as a dining room attendant in a really good establishment with  good Christian values as  a result of one of the free courses. Been truly blessed and am extremely grateful.

Despite the challenges, I know that I would have never had an opportunity like this back in South Africa and the best of all, I get to see my only child on reasonably often occasions without having to travel for 18 hours to visit.

Australia is my home now. I still miss SA but family, in the end, is what matters most. And I can not be more grateful to Australia for being so welcoming to immigrants.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elna57 said:

As far as I know, your parents can be sponsored by more than one person and it doesn't necessarily have to be a family member. 

I will also try to look through our documents to see at what stage the sponsorship issue was addressed. It has only been 2 and a half years ago, but feels like a lifetime.

We have just been asked for 2nd VAC payment!!! 

There is light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel.

Briefly, applied Jan 2016 for 143 Contributory Parent, received request for further info Nov 2019, submitted AOS Jan2020, were only able to finalise and submit other docs end Feb (long story, another time), and then....... we all know what hit the world....

We heard absolutely nothing during this time, until today.

2020 has possibly gone from the worst year to the best.

Hope this cheers someones day up, that there is indeed movement. Will be waiting in anticipation to see what happens with visa grant and dates to enter....

• Like 5

Congrats @Robyn2259 !!!

Hopefully your visa will be issued as soon as the 2nd VAC is received by them.

At least that's what happened to us.

To enter Australia from South Africa at this moment.... let us know what the conditions are.

Good luck!

@Robyn2259

What great news! Congrats!

So happy for you.

• Like 1

The Dept of Home Affairs has released the Outcomes for the Migration Plan 2019-20 (year ending 30th June 2020).  As suspected there was a significant reduction in the number of applications processed compared to places available.

I am adding a copy of the table that shows the number of Parent visa applications Lodged and Granted (Granted = 'Program Outcome') by year - plus the number of applications still awaiting processing within the system
(Note that the applications 'Onhand' include both the Contributory and Non-Contributory visa applications.  The Non-Contributory have a suggested 30+ year processing timeline).

The outcome of the Contributory Parent (note this includes the 143 and the 864 visas) and Non-Contributory Parent categories were 3,730 places and 669 places, respectively.

Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories accounted for 27.3 per cent and 23.5 per cent of the total Family stream pipeline, respectively.

image.png

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1

VISA GRANTED TODAY! My parents' 143 visa was granted at midday today, after paying the 2nd VAC last night.

Last date to enter is 12 months from now (Sept 2021).

• Like 3

On 9/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, TeeTMI said:

The Dept of Home Affairs has released the Outcomes for the Migration Plan 2019-20 (year ending 30th June 2020).  As suspected there was a significant reduction in the number of applications processed compared to places available.

I am adding a copy of the table that shows the number of Parent visa applications Lodged and Granted (Granted = 'Program Outcome') by year - plus the number of applications still awaiting processing within the system
(Note that the applications 'Onhand' include both the Contributory and Non-Contributory visa applications.  The Non-Contributory have a suggested 30+ year processing timeline).

The outcome of the Contributory Parent (note this includes the 143 and the 864 visas) and Non-Contributory Parent categories were 3,730 places and 669 places, respectively.

Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories accounted for 27.3 per cent and 23.5 per cent of the total Family stream pipeline, respectively.

image.png

Any specific reason why the refusal rate is so high? 

27 minutes ago, Janti said:

Any specific reason why the refusal rate is so high? 

No reason is provided - you would need to know those reasons to be able to consider whether it is just random, or there has been e.g. some change in policy or whether for example the longer processing times have resulted in individual applicants having more changes in circumstances (e.g. health) making the applicant no longer eligible for the visa? 

Edited by TeeTMI

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the nuances of the 143, but I was hoping someone could shed some light:
- The sponsor and person signing the assurance of support is the same? If not, are both income tested, and are their thresholds different?

- I looked up the thresholds here https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/It looks like the threshold is $91k (gross excl. super?) for two parents? 

- Assuming me and the missis can jointly sponsor my parents?

- We've only been in Australia for 18 months, will the lack of financial history impact the application negatively? 

4 hours ago, Janti said:

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the nuances of the 143, but I was hoping someone could shed some light:
- The sponsor and person signing the assurance of support is the same? If not, are both income tested, and are their thresholds different?

- I looked up the thresholds here https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/It looks like the threshold is $91k (gross excl. super?) for two parents? 

- Assuming me and the missis can jointly sponsor my parents?

- We've only been in Australia for 18 months, will the lack of financial history impact the application negatively? 

Hi Janti

Welcome to the forum. 

Generally the sponsor and the person providing the AoS are the same but this need not always be the case.  Where more than 1 person is providing the AoS then there is a formula (parents/sponsors) to calculate the income required.
Again generally speaking the sponsor would normally be expected to have been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

32 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

Hi Janti

Welcome to the forum. 

Generally the sponsor and the person providing the AoS are the same but this need not always be the case.  Where more than 1 person is providing the AoS then there is a formula (parents/sponsors) to calculate the income required.
Again generally speaking the sponsor would normally be expected to have been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.

Tee

Thanks Tee. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 4:32 AM, DGT said:

@antipodian

I know that in April 2015 it was definitely not possible to do the 143 Application online.They wanted a Paper application.

As you know we can send an "empty " email to parents@immi.gov.au  and the they will email you the latest info on the parent visas situation e.g. the date that they are processing and also other general info.

I copy from their latest info email:

ALL subclass 143, 173 and 103 Parent applications and form 1436 additional applicant applications, must be mailed or couriered to the PERTH Parent Visa Centre.

b.    Our mail address is:  Parent Visa Centre, Department of Home Affairs, Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

c.     Our courier address is: Parent Visa Centre, Department of Home Affairs, 836 Wellington Street WEST PERTH WA 6005.

PROVIDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
There is no option to use the ImmiAccount for provision of documents for any visas processed by our section, as all our applications are paper lodged.  Multiple documents should be saved in one PDF file if possible and attached to your email.  We also accept jpg files.  Links to web PDF files such as Google drive and One Drive cannot be accepted due to our IT Security configuration.

The way I understand it, the original application cannot be emailed, but later communications i.e. Change of addresses ,new passport or other circumstances can be done via email.

Perhaps someone more recently applied can advise.?.

Good evening everyone,

Would anyone know if there is a new email address we could reach the parent visa center at? We have just submitted a paper application and despite the courier delivery, no one has reached out to us confirming its receipt.

That makes us quite worried. And I did do a search in the forum but that email address no longer seems to be valid.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Vlad

On 9/15/2020 at 9:35 AM, Robyn2259 said:

We have just been asked for 2nd VAC payment!!! 

There is light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel.

Briefly, applied Jan 2016 for 143 Contributory Parent, received request for further info Nov 2019, submitted AOS Jan2020, were only able to finalise and submit other docs end Feb (long story, another time), and then....... we all know what hit the world....

We heard absolutely nothing during this time, until today.

2020 has possibly gone from the worst year to the best.

Hope this cheers someones day up, that there is indeed movement. Will be waiting in anticipation to see what happens with visa grant and dates to enter....

Hi Robyn That is great news for you. We are not far behind you, dis ASO end Feb 2020 and medicals etc and supporting documentation all submitted in March 2020 so hopefully will hear something by end of Oct/Nov. I see in a later post you received approival that is great.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of not great news, although in light of COVID-19 it was perhaps somewhat expected - this suggests a holding pattern as the government sees what happens with regard to the virus and when the borders might open again.

The government have announced that the number of places that will be available to the Parent Visa for the 2020-21 year (that is from July 2020 to June 2021) will be 4500, this is down from 7371 the previous year. 
In their budget announcements they did state that this is in response to the governments COVID response.  So hopefully these numbers will increase the following year again? 

Hang on in there folks there are always some ups and downs along the way in this process. 

Edited by TeeTMI

@TeeTMI This is a disappointing to hear. But like you mentioned it was expected.

Would you happen to know what happens of the applicant's waiting in queue waiting for the second VAC request?

There are many 143 visa applicant's from Jan 2016 waiting to pay the second VAC. 

In our case as well the application lodgement date is 2nd June 2016 . Everything has been done over a month ago and waiting on the second VAC request.

Any information or guidance on this would be much appreciated. Thank you !

14 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

Hi All,

I'm really sorry to be the bearer of not great news, although in light of COVID-19 it was perhaps somewhat expected - this suggests a holding pattern as the government sees what happens with regard to the virus and when the borders might open again.

The government have announced that the number of places that will be available to the Parent Visa for the 2020-21 year (that is from July 2020 to June 2021) will be 4500, this is down from 7371 the previous year. 
In their budget announcements they did state that this is in response to the governments COVID response.  So hopefully these numbers will increase the following year again? 

Hang on in there folks there are always some ups and downs along the way in this process. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CFDS said:

@TeeTMI This is a disappointing to hear. But like you mentioned it was expected.

Would you happen to know what happens of the applicant's waiting in queue waiting for the second VAC request?

There are many 143 visa applicant's from Jan 2016 waiting to pay the second VAC. 

In our case as well the application lodgement date is 2nd June 2016 . Everything has been done over a month ago and waiting on the second VAC request.

Any information or guidance on this would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Sometimes the 2nd VAC request can take a little while and is generally only requested when the visa is to be granted.  Given COVID if the person is offshore that may be a reason the department is delaying if there is a very long delay - however that is just an assumption?  

• Like 1

Hi. Thank you to those that have started this thread and several others who have contributed. It's been really helpful reading the comments. 

I applied for both my parents in Nov 2018, however my dad is not too keen on coming permanently anymore and would prefer to apply for something more temporary. Has anyone here amended their application to include only one parent and what are the implications of this on queue status, processing times etc?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, vladkazowitz said:

Good evening everyone,

Would anyone know if there is a new email address we could reach the parent visa center at? We have just submitted a paper application and despite the courier delivery, no one has reached out to us confirming its receipt.

That makes us quite worried. And I did do a search in the forum but that email address no longer seems to be valid.

Thank you,

Vlad

@vladkazowitz in our case, it took about 6 weeks before we received confirmation that our documents had been received.

@Robyn2259 can you perhaps help with the new email address?

On 9/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, vladkazowitz said:

Good evening everyone,

Thank you,

Vlad

@vladkazowitz You could try sending an email to:

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

@vladkazowitz I know that last year (mid 2019) they were taking at least 8 weeks to acknowledge applications, so I wouldn't worry just yet. 

And yes, the email per @Elna57above is the last one that I have.

Send a blank email to that address (sometimes you need to put "test" or "blank" in the subject and email itself.) You should get an automatic response back with all the current waiting and processing times.