Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

8 hours ago, SueP said:

Congratulations. Are you onshore or offshore

@SueP This is for my in-laws and they are on-shore. Stuck here since the whole pandemic broke out. 

3 hours ago, CFDS said:

@SueP This is for my in-laws and they are on-shore. Stuck here since the whole pandemic broke out. 

That makes sense then why they have skipped people from May and gone to June.  They are clearly only doing on-shore applications

@WendyAllison Also keep checking your junk mail. A friend's request for further docs ended up in her junk mail and she only found it a couple of months later by accident.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@WendyAllison Also keep checking your junk mail. A friend's request for further docs ended up in her junk mail and she only found it a couple of months later by accident.

Thank you @Elna57 

• Like 1

Hi all

Am a newbee here. Trying to gather docs to file 143 visa for my parents. Appreciate if someone can clarify

1. Is it worth filing 143 visa directly or go via 173 +143 route?

2. My parents doesn't have birth certificate but they do have high school leaving certificate which confirms their date of birth. Is that ok? Or we definitely need birth certificate?

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, SueP said:

That makes sense then why they have skipped people from May and gone to June.  They are clearly only doing on-shore applications

@suep that won't be the case. They have applied as offshore applicants. But are stuck here due to the pandemic. I have seen a few more June applicants from 2nd June '16 get the request for further docs. They are all offshore appicants and are still offshore.

Edited by CFDS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CFDS said:

@suep that won't be the case. They have applied as offshore applicants. But are stuck here due to the pandemic. I have seen a few more June applicants from 2nd June '16 get the request for further docs. They are all offshore appicants and are still offshore.

Its confusing then because a number of people who applied in May 2016 have not been asked for documents and they say that they deal with applications in strict date order!!

I am July 2016 so the June news is exciting.  Have a great day

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, SueP said:

Its confusing then because a number of people who applied in May 2016 have not been asked for documents and they say that they deal with applications in strict date order!!

I am July 2016 so the June news is exciting.  Have a great day

thought this may of interest:

image.png.cef2645ca10c7f3868907264320d53cc.png

• Like 3

Hi all, 

First time posting here, but I wanted to thank everyone's contributions as they have helped me and countless other in knowing what to expect through the different steps of this very long visa. I'm happy to say that my mother was granted the visa earlier this year and she is finally here. If anyone has questions regarding this recent experience that may be able to help you, I'll be happy to answer. 

I had a question of my own, regarding Medicare. I know that once this 143 visa is granted, the parent can apply and obtain Medicare. However, do the Medicare services take away from the $10,000 that were put as a bond for the parent? I seem to recall that those 10K would be used for any services that the parent would require, but I'm not completely sure if they meant just welfare, or if it includes Medicare as well. Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 1

Hi Daniel, 

So glad that your mother is with you. 

We've been here almost 3 years now and as far as I understand, the Centrelink bond money will only cover me if for any reason I claim from Centrelink before the 10 year no-claim period has passed.

Checking on the Centrelink website it states that the Bank Guarantee (bond) is for This is to make sure you can pay us back if your assuree needs a payment from us.

We have not claimed any payment from Centrelink. When we use our Medicare card we often have to pay a levy on certain services not covered by Medicare, or if the doctor charges above Medicare fees. 

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 10:49 AM, Dirkz said:

Hi Daniel, 

So glad that your mother is with you. 

We've been here almost 3 years now and as far as I understand, the Centrelink bond money will only cover me if for any reason I claim from Centrelink before the 10 year no-claim period has passed.

Checking on the Centrelink website it states that the Bank Guarantee (bond) is for This is to make sure you can pay us back if your assuree needs a payment from us.

We have not claimed any payment from Centrelink. When we use our Medicare card we often have to pay a levy on certain services not covered by Medicare, or if the doctor charges above Medicare fees. 

Awesome, thank you for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

Weirdly looks like the 143 visa processing went back a month at some point - if you send an email to the 'Parents' address it comes back saying processing April 2016. 

On 8/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, Donovan83 said:

Weirdly looks like the 143 visa processing went back a month at some point - if you send an email to the 'Parents' address it comes back saying processing April 2016. 

Looks like they're back on track for both being in May 2016

image.thumb.png.17bd5ad55d7180afe2a3ed7dec3fa3d6.png

• Like 2

Hi all,

Great to find this forum!

I submitted the 143 visa application in Jan 2016 and received an email for additional document in Nov 2019. It took a bit of time to get the Assurance of support, but finally got all required documents submitted by end of Jan 2020.

I haven't heard anything since then...I understand the process was ceased due to Covid19 but it seems restart recently. I was wondering if anyone receive any update this year? 

Many thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:13 AM, Dirkz said:

@Erzsi

As far as I understand that, the sponsor is limited to one person OR household (child and partner).

The approval of a person as a parent sponsor is limited to one approval per person, or per household.

The "sponsorship" can be per household   to one approved sponsorship per household

But if he has already applied or been approved alone ("per person"), and then applies again with his partner (per household), then the Department may not be able to consider your application further, and it may be refused.

Hope this makes sense. And all the best !

Sorry, I don't understand this! I've applied for a 143 visa for my mum, but I just nominated myself as a sponsor. Was I supposed to be approved at some stage as a sponsor? Does this mean that I can only sponsor one person or that my mom can only be sponsored by one person?

Our migration agent in RSA said that it looks like visas are still being processed and 143 visas are taking 48 months.  We are sitting at 50 months.  Could anyone throw any light on where theIr visa applications are?  Has anyone had their applications processed that are living off shore? TIA 

Edited by JennyLeigh
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 7:38 PM, JennyLeigh said:

Our migration agent in RSA said that it looks like visas are still being processed and 143 visas are taking 48 months.  We are sitting at 50 months.  Could anyone throw any light on where theIr visa applications are?  Has anyone had their applications processed that are living off shore? TIA 

Currently applications lodged prior to May 2016 are being processed for the 143 parent visa.  They are still moving but slowly at the current time (processing times can vary considerably over time depending upon a variety of factors). 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, Vero said:

Was I supposed to be approved at some stage as a sponsor?

Welcome to the Forum Vero

Your sponsorship will be assessed in the later stages of the application

Does this mean that I can only sponsor one person or that my mom can only be sponsored by one person?

No - there are a variety of alternatives/options.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 5:20 AM, AK143 said:

Hi all

Am a newbee here. Trying to gather docs to file 143 visa for my parents. Appreciate if someone can clarify

1. Is it worth filing 143 visa directly or go via 173 +143 route?

2. My parents doesn't have birth certificate but they do have high school leaving certificate which confirms their date of birth. Is that ok? Or we definitely need birth certificate?

Thanks 

You will have to obtain unabridged birth certificates as well as unabridged marriage certificates from Dept of Home affairs.

I think that you could try sending your docs off to Perth and as soon as you receive the unabridged versions, send those off quoting your application number and all relevant information.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, SamiKon said:

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but often read the topics for advice and it's super helpful! I am now in need of some clarification surrounding the Contributory Parental Visa for my parents who live in South Africa. They have Dutch passports but they have expired and they would need to travel to Holland in order to renew them.

I live in Brisbane (have been for 3 years) and have my PR based on my Dutch passport (originally from SA). Is it a possibility for my parents to do one the following:

A. Can they come over to Aus on their Dutch passports on a Holiday Visa and then apply for the CPV while they are here? Would they fall onto the Bridging Visa then until the CPV is approved? I am aware that it can take up to 5 years to be approved. 

B. Come over to Aus on their SA passports and apply for the CPV while here and receive the Bridging Visa?

Does the Bridging Visa come into affect while waiting for the CPV? Can they be living in the country up until it gets approved?

I have read online that it says you can't be in the country when it gets approved. How does that work?

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We were in Aus on holiday visa when our visa was about to be granted. We then booked a short holiday in Fiji and then returned soon as our visas were granted.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:38 PM, JennyLeigh said:

@JennyLeigh

I think Covid has really slowed everything down. 

I believe that CFDS has posted somewhere that some visas had been granted lately.

Just scroll through the posts.

Also, a hearty welcome to all new forumites and to @TeeTMI, as always, thank you so much for your input and support.

• Like 2

Sorry, I don't understand this! I've applied for a 143 visa for my mum, but I just nominated myself as a sponsor. Was I supposed to be approved at some stage as a sponsor? Does this mean that I can only sponsor one person or that my mom can only be sponsored by one person?

As far as I know, your parents can be sponsored by more than one person and it doesn't necessarily have to be a family member. 

7 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

As far as I know, your parents can be sponsored by more than one person and it doesn't necessarily have to be a family member. 

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support

@WendyAllison

Hi there.

How are you doing?

Hang on and stay strong.

This too shall pass and you will be in Aus soon.

• Like 2