Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Sahba

Hi All,
Is there any update about the 143 visa processing time? I can hear some rumors about changing the tracking system to the fast processing so that all outstanding visas be granted soon. is this news correct?
On the other hand do we still know about the next financial year budget for parent visas? is this again increasing to at least 7000 visa per year?

As I mentioned before I applied for my parents on June 2017 but I don't know what would be the estimated time I still need to wait to see them :(

Edited by Sahba
typo
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elna57

• DGT

• Onthemove

• Dirkz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ūüėĬ†relieved and¬†totally thrilled - finally received my¬†CO's long awaited formal¬†request for¬†submission of¬†documents - my visa assessment has begun - woohoo. News is still sinking in¬†ūüė≤ and sud

@DGT @Onthemove @Dirkz @Elna57 @JTN Today is the best day of my life, the start of a new life and dream!! After 41 months of waiting, envolving sad days, frustrated days, excited day, angry  days

So today I finally got the news! The long awaited letter of AoS approval has been received by my son and forwarded to my case officer, immigration, agent and myself! ( my whole world thats import

Posted Images

TeeTMI
16 hours ago, Sahba said:

Hi All,
Is there any update about the 143 visa processing time? I can hear some rumors about changing the tracking system to the fast processing so that all outstanding visas be granted soon. is this news correct?
On the other hand do we still know about the next financial year budget for parent visas? is this again increasing to at least 7000 visa per year?

As I mentioned before I applied for my parents on June 2017 but I don't know what would be the estimated time I still need to wait to see them :(

The Dept of Home Affairs usually announce the quotas during the budget next month.

The processing dates table was updated on the 16th April and  they are still stating processing 143 Applications lodged "Lodged May 2016"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Sahba

I just looked at the new budget for 2021-22 seems no changes made for parents visas so this year also would be limited to max 4500. Is it correct?

I am very disappointed ‚ėĻÔłŹ¬†

• Sad 1
TeeTMI
On 5/13/2021 at 12:57 PM, Sahba said:

I just looked at the new budget for 2021-22 seems no changes made for parents visas so this year also would be limited to max 4500. Is it correct?

I am very disappointed ‚ėĻÔłŹ¬†

The split within the family visas has not yet been provided.

Be aware that the 4500 figure 2020-21 included both the on and offshore contributory, non-contributory and investor stream parent visas - not just the 143 visas.

• Sad 2
JennyLeigh

Thank you for your feedback.  Has there been any movement with the 143’s at all?  Are we still sitting on May 2016? 

WendyAllison

It is still on May 2016.  I'm May 2016, and I was informed that the quota for 2020 had been filled.  The next intake will be reviewed in July 2021

2 hours ago, JennyLeigh said:

Thank you for your feedback.  Has there been any movement with the 143’s at all?  Are we still sitting on May 2016? 

• Thanks 1
TeeTMI

Just for information as this impacts very much on the speed of processing and will let you see why it takes so long to go through each month and the processing times extend.

The number of 143 visa applications lodged in 2016/17 was 19,787 

• Like 2
Carole
10 hours ago, JennyLeigh said:

Hi, we applied in July 2018 and have just received a request from Home Affairs for more info (form 54 family details) Is this a big step forward? We‚Äôd almost given up on hearing from them ūüėä

Barkies

It could mean that they‚Äôre requesting some missed documentation in the ‚ÄėAssessment Stage‚Äô as the dates line up..?¬†

These processing dates are a snap shot of Feb 2021 though so they may be slightly behind on assessments as well .. Hmm

80183102-587E-42D9-BD39-BEB57354A57A.jpeg

WendyAllison
On 2/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, JenMac said:

When did you apply for your visa?

I applied in May 2016.  I have since had a response saying that they've met their quota for 2020 intake, and that I'll hear from them towards the end of June / early July

• Like 1
Sassyninja22

We applied for 143 for my single mum in August 2018 and just got a queue date letter, is this good news? 

Sassyninja

Just received queue date letter for my mom who applied in Aug 2018, so that’s moved a little. 

Mel-B

My mom applied May 2018 and has not received a queue date letter? What is this for?

Sassyninja22

Im not sure if the process has changed but she got a letter and it seems to align with that dates posted above in the grid. ‚ÄúQueue Assessment‚ÄĚ ?¬†

Mel-B
On 5/28/2021 at 8:19 PM, Sassyninja22 said:

Im not sure if the process has changed but she got a letter and it seems to align with that dates posted above in the grid. ‚ÄúQueue Assessment‚ÄĚ ?¬†

Hi Sassyninja. Was this a letter via post or email? Just trying to figure out if we have missed something from our end ?

michaelrath

Hi guys, 

I applied the 143 CPV for my parents and my sibling as a dependent child on July 2017. He was 21 at the time.

At the current intake, it seems it is going to take 5+ years until my application is reached.

Does this mean my sibling  will no longer be eligible as a dependent child anymore by the time of visa decision? Is there anything we can do?

Thank you.

Update: a few people have mentioned receiving 'Queue dates' and in the wider community concerns about why some applications have received queue date letters and others not.  Our industry provider (Migration Institute of Australia) has clarified this with the Department who have explained that 'applications lodged prior to 1 June 2018 have automatically been allocated a queue date that is the same as the date of lodgement'.

Processing Dates: updated as of 04 Jun 2021

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

26 May 2021

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Aug 2018

Lodged Aug 2018

Lodged Jan 2019

Visa Assessment

May 2021

Lodged May 2016

Lodged May 2016

Date Queued Oct 2010

• Like 1
On 6/7/2021 at 8:42 AM, TeeTMI said:

Update: a few people have mentioned receiving 'Queue dates' and in the wider community concerns about why some applications have received queue date letters and others not.  Our industry provider (Migration Institute of Australia) has clarified this with the Department who have explained that 'applications lodged prior to 1 June 2018 have automatically been allocated a queue date that is the same as the date of lodgement'.

Processing Dates: updated as of 04 Jun 2021

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

26 May 2021

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Aug 2018

Lodged Aug 2018

Lodged Jan 2019