Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 11/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, SGS143 said:

Hi All,

Thank you for this great forum and all the information provided here. I have a question regarding my mom's situation. My mom applied for 143 visa in September 2017 and my dad was classified as a non migrating family member. However, in 2018 they got a divorce. I was wondering how to update this information and whether such situation can have a negative impact on visa outcome ?

Thank you. 

Hi there - have a look at this link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/relationship-ended   I think she will need to to update her visa application to remove him from the application completely (even if he was not migrating).  Not sure if it would have any effect on the visa outcome but apparently it doesn't withdraw the application.  Good luck

We've been here 3 years now. Went to Bali a while ago. Had to use our South African passports. No problem traveling.

As far as I know you should just spend your majority time in Australia, but that you can research. 

We can virtually do anything as permanent residents as one can do as a citizen.

We cannot claim from Centrelink for 10 years. Even if we get our citizenship. If we do claim, it will come off our Assurance of Support investment made (by our Sponsor/child) through Centrelink. 

We hope to apply for citizenship after 4 years (end of next year). I believe we don't have to write any exams anymore (good at our age)  😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dirkz said:

We've been here 3 years now. Went to Bali a while ago. Had to use our South African passports. No problem traveling.

As far as I know you should just spend your majority time in Australia, but that you can research. 

We can virtually do anything as permanent residents as one can do as a citizen.

We cannot claim from Centrelink for 10 years. Even if we get our citizenship. If we do claim, it will come off our Assurance of Support investment made (by our Sponsor/child) through Centrelink. 

We hope to apply for citizenship after 4 years (end of next year). I believe we don't have to write any exams anymore (good at our age)  😉

Thanks for that Dirkz - it's really hard to find info on the gov websites sometimes as they change the rules regularly!  I did see that if you are over 60 you don't need to do the test for citizenship and you are eligible after 4 years as long as you have not been away from Australia for more than 12 months in total of the 4 year period.  Can't find any eligibility requirements for aged care but assume that, as you say, you have the same entitlements as a permanent resident as citizens do.

Hi all,

Good news received today. We have been requested to pay 2nd Vac for our visas. Background we applied at end March 2016 and additional info was requested and supplied in February this year. Had to get additional police clearence in my wifes maiden name which was submitted at end of November 2020. Request for payment received today 9 December 2020 and payment made today so hopefully final approval will be granted in a day or two. Been a long period byt we are sure it will be well worth it. To all the people still waiting hang in there things are still moving.

Hi all,

Good news received today. We have been requested to pay 2nd Vac for our visas. Background we applied at end March 2016 and additional info was requested and supplied in February this year. Had to get additional police clearence in my wifes maiden name which was submitted at end of November 2020. Request for payment received today 9 December 2020 and payment made today so hopefully final approval will be granted in a day or two. Been a long period byt we are sure it will be well worth it. To all the people still waiting hang in there things are still moving. Regards Fred and Ursula

Hi all,

Wafter paying our 2nd Vac on Wednesday we received our visa approval this morning at )1:26 hrs (SA Time). Now we can finally start the process of selling up and getting accross to Australia. The visa must be activated by 9 December 2021. Happy days are here again.

• Like 2

Great news and many many congratulations for visa approval. Also good to see they have given you almost 1 year of time to enter. Again good luck for new journey.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone has heard any update on the processing times for the subclass 143 visa or where they’re up to?

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Barkies said:

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone has heard any update on the processing times for the subclass 143 visa or where they’re up to?

Thanks in advance. 

HI, I received this last week image.thumb.png.f39eb878696aeca86570dd5fcee1f05e.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WendyAllison said:

HI, I received this last week image.thumb.png.f39eb878696aeca86570dd5fcee1f05e.png

Thanks @WendyAllison! Did this come from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au? I have tried a couple of times for the auto response but have received nothing :(

5 hours ago, Barkies said:

Thanks @WendyAllison! Did this come from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au? I have tried a couple of times for the auto response but have received nothing :(

Possible cause?  - If you send too many emails they stop replying - you need to leave a decent gap between sending emails. 

This is the January email responce

PROCESSING DATES

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

16 Dec 2020

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jan 2019

Visa Assessment

Lodged Dec 2020

Lodged May 2016

Lodged May 2016

Date Queued Sep 2010

* updated 07-Jan-21

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1

@TeeTMI I have sent about four emails in four years, lol. 
The last one I sent was about 6 months ago and then I sent another one this week.. 

Anyways.. we are getting closer - slowly but surely!

1 minute ago, Barkies said:

@TeeTMI I have sent about four emails in four years, lol. 
The last one I sent was about 6 months ago and then I sent another one this week.. 

Anyways.. we are getting closer - slowly but surely!

LOL you're definitely not spamming them then!  Maybe check your junk mail as their emails can sometimes go to spam.

• Haha 1

@Barkies and all new members. Welcome and enjoy the ride! 

I know it feels like an eternity in the waiting room, but when you finally get your visa and have to sell up and plan to move to Aus, it becomes a rollercoaster riide. So worth it in the end though.

Good luck to all.

Re the question of aged care etc. One can not access any Centrelink benefits for the first 10 years even when one becomes a citizen as confirmed by @Dirkz.

We have also been here 3 years now and absolutely love it. I work in aged care myself and am so grateful to be able to have found a job and still work at my age. (This would never have been possible in South Africa).

• Like 1

I'm with @Elna57 here. 

We arrived just before them and are forever grateful that we ended up here in the Gold Coast close to our two married children and 5 grand children. I work for my younger brother who came here 22 years ago and my wife does part time work for my son in law and other odd jobs. You can always get a job here if you are prepared to work. And labour is very expensive here so one is remunerated well if you get a job.

Life here is completely different in the sense that it is a first world country. Every thing works here. People are generally very helpful and friendly. We started camping again and now have a smallish off-road caravan which we use on the beach just north of Brisbane. In SA we had to always lock and guard our possessions. Here people have enough money to live. But one does get the occasional baddie :(

Hang on there and don't hesitate to ask if you need more detailed information. 

Teewah.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirkz said:

I'm with @Elna57 here. 

We arrived just before them and are forever grateful that we ended up here in the Gold Coast close to our two married children and 5 grand children. I work for my younger brother who came here 22 years ago and my wife does part time work for my son in law and other odd jobs. You can always get a job here if you are prepared to work. And labour is very expensive here so one is remunerated well if you get a job.

Life here is completely different in the sense that it is a first world country. Every thing works here. People are generally very helpful and friendly. We started camping again and now have a smallish off-road caravan which we use on the beach just north of Brisbane. In SA we had to always lock and guard our possessions. Here people have enough money to live. But one does get the occasional baddie :(

Hang on there and don't hesitate to ask if you need more detailed information. 

Teewah.jpeg

that looks like heaven ❤️

@Elna57 @Dirkz

Thanks guys! I applied in Feb2017 for my dad- it has almost been 4 years an it looks like at least another 6 months to go 😓 .. And now with Covid, who knows how much longer it may take.

I have been in Aus for 18 years already and I wouldn’t have it any other way 🤍

• Like 1

Hot off the press
For anyone who has applied for a 143 (173) currently onshore and expecting their visa to be granted soon.

Whilst we are still waiting to see the required change in legislation - the media is reporting that the Immigration Minister Alex Hawke has stated that the temporary concession that allows parents not to have to travel offshore (during the COVID-19 period) in order for their visa to be granted will be extended to the Parent (subclass 103) visa, Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa and Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visas.

The current expectation/suggestion is that this change in legislation will come into effect at some point during the first quarter of 2021.

Editing to add the link to the Press Release that is now out
https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/AlexHawke/Pages/parent-visa-applicants-remain-onshore-covid19.aspx

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1

Regarding the 143 visa - when your visa is assessed EVENTUALLY how long do you have to make the 2nd payment (from when you are asked for it?)

1 hour ago, Mel-B said:

Regarding the 143 visa - when your visa is assessed EVENTUALLY how long do you have to make the 2nd payment (from when you are asked for it?)

They provide the usual 28 days to make payment.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 7:45 PM, TeeTMI said:

Hot off the press
For anyone who has applied for a 143 (173) currently onshore and expecting their visa to be granted soon.

Whilst we are still waiting to see the required change in legislation - the media is reporting that the Immigration Minister Alex Hawke has stated that the temporary concession that allows parents not to have to travel offshore (during the COVID-19 period) in order for their visa to be granted will be extended to the Parent (subclass 103) visa, Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa and Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visas.

The current expectation/suggestion is that this change in legislation will come into effect at some point during the first quarter of 2021.

Editing to add the link to the Press Release that is now out
https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/AlexHawke/Pages/parent-visa-applicants-remain-onshore-covid19.aspx

Hi All, 

Has anyone who is onshore been asked to pay 2nd VAC after this announcement by the shadow minister? It seems to be quiet ever since this announcement. 

Please share any experiences or knowledge that you may have. 

Thank you! 

17 hours ago, CFDS said:

Hi All, 

Has anyone who is onshore been asked to pay 2nd VAC after this announcement by the shadow minister? It seems to be quiet ever since this announcement. 

Please share any experiences or knowledge that you may have. 

Thank you! 

It can sometimes take a while for the legislation to be written/approved. 

1 hour ago, TeeTMI said:

It can sometimes take a while for the legislation to be written/approved. 

@TeeTMI That's true. Perhaps that's the reason why everything is on a go slow or standstill at the moment. 

Hi parent visa brains trust🤣,

Was wondering if anyone can help me with this question please? Is it possible to sponsor two sets of parents at the same time?

My parents applied for their 143 in August 2018 so still have a few more years to wait. They are hopefully arriving here in April (if all goes well) as my dad has secured a 482 visa and travel exemption. The 143 will then however be their way to stay here permanently.

My husband's parents now also want to apply for the 143.

I'm aware that there are requirements to be sponsors but I'm not able to find anything around how many people we can sponor at the same time.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!