Where to send IELTS results to?

NicoletteJ

Question

When booking IELTS (final finally taking the plunge!) They ask for five people or organisations to send my examination results to. Can I only put my email address and then distribute the results to who ever requests them? This question may seem so trivial but you realise once committing to a booking, you start to doubt yourself! :o 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hi Nicolette, when we did IELTS in August last year we only put our details down. I think the option to send results through to certain organisations may be more applicable for other situations such as proof of English ability for studying overseas, not for immigration. You just need to hold on to the IELTS certificate afterwards for dear life, as they don't issue them again if you lose it!

I really can't remember what I did with the results, but I can't remember being asked for FIVE contact details. 

Does anyone else know, perhaps?

Hi

I agree with @CazK - when I did my IELTS test, the certificate was couriered to me personally and I have kept it safe. You then just uploaded the certificate with your visa application.

Thanks @mistermoose @CazK and @FingersCrossed - I've booked it :) I thought it might be the same scenario as the qualifications  where universities must send results directly for the skills assessment.