From Randburg to Sydney

vitchie

1 minute ago, Shellfish said:

I hope you've booked a one-way ticket ;)

Hope things go well second time round. 

Hehe yes i did. Our container is also leaving 2 weeks before we do, so no turning back.

• Like 4

All the best @vitchie, read your posts for attempt #1 and that nervousness you spoke about --- it's hit me - we're out of here on a one way ticket the 22nd May (evening).  The difference is this anxiety is mixed with a strange energy / joy - literally going to implode with excitement.  Yes it's sad - we have folks and siblings here - but - they had their choices too and we made ours.

When we land, we're Aussies from there on and it's going to be one hellava-ride!.

Edited by Enigma
@ name link didn't pick up
  • Like 3

Hope all goes well.

best of luck @vitchie, i am sure it will be easier the second time around as you have aligned your expectations.

• 2 months later...

A quick update.

We landed on 18 June. Went on many interviews, both Sydney and Melbourne. In the end had a better offer in Sydney and decided to settle down here. We managed to secure a rental in Beaumont Hills near Kellyville and moved in on the 13th of July. The kids started school on the 19th of July. Today was my first day of work and I survived. Yay! Now just to get our car, hopefully later this week.

So far, a much better experience than what I had in Nov / Dec. Amazing what difference a different mindset and job can make!

• Like 6

That's fantastic @vitchie

Congrats. Really appreciate that you have been so honest about your experience. Helps those of us still on our way to Oz to be better prepared.

Oh hey! I am so happy for you. Thanks for taking the time to write up your experience, as I think it is extremely important for people to realise that immigration can throw you for a total loop.

I'm so glad Take II is going much better. All the best in Sydney :D