POLICE CLEARANCE - NAMES

Lillie

Question

And there I thought everything was under control!  We have lodged and paid for our application but just read somewhere now that if you were married before, this name also needs to reflect on you police clearance.  So in other words, Maiden name, Previous married name and current name.  Can anyone confirm if this is the case? :(

11 answers to this question

Ah no :( 

Sorry @Lillie

Well from what i know you are going to list all names on your application and therefore this is why...

But best to have it anyway so all the best requesting it to be amended ;) 

Hi @Lillie

Did you ever find out if you needed all three names on  your PCC ? One would think that just having your maiden name and married name would be sufficient.

Also, a while ago on this forum, there was a recommendation for someone who could help with the PCC. I am going this week to apply at the local police station, however not sure on the best way to get the applications up to Pretoria.

Any recommendations?

2 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Hi @Lillie

Did you ever find out if you needed all three names on  your PCC ? One would think that just having your maiden name and married name would be sufficient.

Also, a while ago on this forum, there was a recommendation for someone who could help with the PCC. I am going this week to apply at the local police station, however not sure on the best way to get the applications up to Pretoria.

Any recommendations?

Good morning....I submitted with the original Police Clearance that only had my Maiden name and current surname.  Then I read that they require all your names and I jumped and applied for a reprint with all my names on, got it two days later and had it ready because I was convinced they were going to ask for it.  And before I knew it, we had our visas and they never asked for it, so that was a waste of money and energy but at least I have it now.  I would suggest you use Postnet in Pretoria, they are in the same building as the centre that issues the Clearances and they courier to your nearest Postnet.  I have used them twice now and can really recommend them, herewith the details:

Christa Ferreira

Manager: PostNet Pretoria CBD

Tel: 012 320 4346 / 012 322 2419

Fax: 012 322 2409

Fax2Email: 086 678 7324

E-mail: ptacbd@postnet.co.za

Hi

thank you for the quick reply. I will get hold of Postnet in Pretoria and make the arrangements. 

Hoping that it all goes smoothly :-)

Hi

Sorry - one more question. How does it work when you are doing PCC for a family of 4 ? Will they let you know when all 4 PCC's are ready for collection or would you need to courier them back one at a time as they are processed?

We submitted 2 at the same time, they gave us one receipt and we received one sms to say it was ready. I am sure if you use Postnet they will let you know when all is done and will send them at the same time. Hope this helps

Hi

How did everyone pay for the PCC certificates? Did you pay cash at the police station or was it easier to just do the EFT transfer into their bank account?

We paid R96 at the police station, they give you a receipt that you submit with the fingerprints....it worked well for us

@Lillie - sorry for all the questions. Tomorrow I am going to do my families PCC and I just wanted to check something for my wife's PCC. She was previously married and I just wanted to know how one states her names on the PCC form at the police station. I Had a look at a PCC form and it only allows for what looks like one name to be entered.

Dont want to cause added confusion at the police station or the processing center in Pretoria, so was just wondering how to capture the information on the form. Or would the police know how to complete this form?

@FingersCrossed I put my current name on the form, added my birth certificate and my divorce decreee and wrote in red pen, on top of the form that all names must be printed on the certificate. It was accepted like that.:)