489 application with 70 points

Vanderwaltblackie

Question

I am trying to apply for the 489 visa (state sponsored in south Australia). My job title, ICT support engineer, shows that I only need 70 points but then also shows special conditions apply which states that I might need high points to be sponsored. This will mean I need 80 points. Will it be possible to apply for the visa with just the 70 points I currently have or will South Australia just refuse it outright. 

Any answers or comments will be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Thanks guys.I tried to do the application but it stopped me when it said for my job title I need 80 points so guess that is as straight an answer as I will get.

Will just have to work for my 8 on my essay to get my 20 points for superior English.

Thanks

Vander I would advise seeking advise from a registered migration agent. They will be able to point you in the right direction and offer accurate information. There are two on this forum that are highly recommended TMI and Stephen Dickson. Just do a search in the forum and contact either of them. I think that would be best.

Good luck. ?

Hi,

Have a look on http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/upload/publications/Skilled-Migrants/Instructions-for-state-nomination-applications-for-ICT-occupations.pdf

South Australia requires a higher point value for ICT applicants than required by Border. Not sure that this means 80points though as they just say 70 points

Probably get some professional advice. We used Migrate2Oz.

Shaugn