Vetassess review

Husky

Question

Hi,

Feeling rather anxious as I received a negative result on my skills assessment from Vetassess. Detailed report said experience was not highly relevant .... 

Anyway, have gathered more evidence and our agent has asked for a review. This is the last 5 points we need to lodge our EOI.

The question is, has anyone requested a review on their skills assessment (experience) and had a positive outcome? 

Had not anticipated how emotional this journey would be. :wacko:

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

On 6/28/2016 at 4:13 AM, Husky said:

has anyone requested a review on their skills assessment (experience) and had a positive outcome?

My view - just by having a review may not change the outcome. What can you do or say differently in order to get a positive assessment?

In the VETASSES FAQ website they say that the letter states: 

The letter will indicate the assessment components where your application did not meet the requirements. If you disagree with the outcome, you should discuss your case with the assessor who will advise you on the options available for a reassessment where applicable.

1. What were those components of the assessment mentioned? 
  2. Based on those points why do you think a review would result in a different outcome? 
  3. How will your agent address that on your behalf?

Based on that info someone on the forum may be able to assist you better.

• Like 1

@Husky Don't give up.

I also got a negative outcome from Vetassess. They said my employment was not highly relevant (which I did not agree with). I submitted a Reassessment - Skills Assessment Outcome Review (Employment) on 4 April 2016 and finally got a positive result this morning.

The key thing is to address all the issues in the negative outcome letter. I had to write a new reference letter address all their concerns. I also changed my CV highlighting my tasks and responsibilities which are inline to what is stated in the ANZSCO code tasks.

The only really painful part is waiting for the outcome as it looks like you go to the back of the queue again. My reassessment took almost 15 weeks.

Sorry you got a negative response but need more information so someone can advise. What are you applying for?

Hi @Alchemist

This is purely for the 5 partner skills points. Occupation is HR Advisor. 

My intention here is to try and get some peace of mind, that it is possible to receive a positive outcome on review from Vetassess.

Thank you for responding.

p.s. I do have the right qualifications and experience.

Thank you @ottg

We have addressed the specific items in the detailed letter from Vetassess. We were hoping to not have to tell too many people about our plans until we were sure they would go through. I do a lot of consulting and did not want to jeopardise current work relationships. So this time I decided to trust one of my "employers" and asked them for a more detailed reference letter that covers the specific tasks as per the VETASSESS requirements. Doing everything by the book.

On advice from our agent, I have updated my CV to highlight the specific tasks and verify the reference letter. All true. In my work, I do a lot more than what is included in the HR Advisor tasks, so just focused with this additional evidence.

I really am just trying to find out if anyone has ever had a successful outcome after requesting a review (with additional evidence).  

PS. Had to pay an additional amount for this review (over R5k) #justsaying.

I am currently compiling my information for my Vetassess and must admit that I find it a bit frustrating that some sites advise you to not include to much detail, even in your CV, which makes me anxious that they might also "not find my employment as highly relevant" - may I ask how detailed were your information submitted?

Edited by AnitaVenter
Spelling mistake

Hi @Shellbells7

Thank you for the encouragement and information. Cannot believe it took another 15 weeks of waiting #patienceisavirtue

How far are you in the process?

@AnitaVenter

Not sure if my advice counts because I haven't had a positive outcome yet. For what it's worth, look at how your experience matches the ANZSCO tasks for the occupation. Don't copy the exact words. Write in your own words. Also make sure that your reference letters match your cv.

Good luck and stay positive :)

@AnitaVenter,That is the exact advice I would give for a reference letter. Make sure your tasks align with the ANZSCO tasks. I used this website to check the skills: https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/ My main stumbling block was my job title so I needed to explain that. Good luck, I know it is can be very confusing but this forum helps a lot.

@Husky, while I was waiting for Vetassess to get back to us I did the IELTS (I luckily got the scores I wanted) so we have just submitted our EOI. 

• Like 2

@Husky a slight diversion but maybe you can help.  I am still at the beginning of the skills assessment process and was hoping to go the HR Adviser route too but from my understanding we need to get state nominated and I can't see it on any of the state nominated lists or am I missing something?

On 16 July 2016 at 9:51 AM, Shellbells7 said:

@AnitaVenter,That is the exact advice I would give for a reference letter. Make sure your tasks align with the ANZSCO tasks. I used this website to check the skills: https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/ My main stumbling block was my job title so I needed to explain that. Good luck, I know it is can be very confusing but this forum helps a lot.

@Husky, while I was waiting for Vetassess to get back to us I did the IELTS (I luckily got the scores I wanted) so we have just submitted our EOI.

On 16 July 2016 at 9:51 AM, Shellbells7 said:

@Mazster

You are right, HR Adviser is not on the SOL or the CSOL. I am fortunate that my husband is the main applicant and is an engineer.

I know that HR Manager is on the Victoria CSOL. You do have to prove that as a manager you have had other managers reporting to you for at least 3 years.  The alternative is to go in under an employer sponsored visa.

Good luck and feel free to message me if you want to chat.

Edited by Husky
Spelling