Narration of a bokkie

SABokkie

It was a cold and.... no.... it was a warm... wasn't it moist or something?  Nah, :) wrong movie :)

This is my movie...

It all started in the foyer... one single post, and such a response.  Plus, I did say I would pay it forward.

We, my husband and I, decided that its time to go.  But we aren't in a terrible rush, and I would like to do everything ourselves, or at least attempt to.  I'm currently busy with a masters degree, so, this visa application thing will always need to take second place especially during those times when immigration and the thought thereof are so much more exciting than studying.

And it wasn't long after we made the decision that the doubts combined with a million questions set in...

But here I am and this is me and my journey :)

• Like 4

Congratulations for making the decision,  trust you will have an uneventful journey!

Hey @SABokkie, I did that too! (Did my M, while doing our visa application solo. By solo I mean without an agent. Hubby did everything I told him to, but the deal was that if I drive the move, he'll cooperate, but he won't drive it. TMI...anyway...)

Bottom line: it is totally doable! Just keep on doing something, and one day you'll realise that everything has been done.

Best of luck!

On 2016/06/09 at 1:09 PM, RedPanda said:

Hey @SABokkie, I did that too! (Did my M, while doing our visa application solo. By solo I mean without an agent. Hubby did everything I told him to, but the deal was that if I drive the move, he'll cooperate, but he won't drive it. TMI...anyway...)

Bottom line: it is totally doable! Just keep on doing something, and one day you'll realise that everything has been done.

Best of luck!

@RedPanda I would love to have coffee with you some day!  We have so so much in common!  :) 

• Like 1

Not related to the whole immigration at all...  :)

We are applying for our tourist visa's tonight.  Traveling to Alice Springs end of July for a sport event.  We are flying to Adelaide via Sydney, from where we will pick up a camper van and road trip for a few days north to Alice Springs.  And then flying back home.

So looking forward to this trip, will be epic to be able to see the outback :)

Wow, ok... Outback..
Just make sure you see the cities you are interested in, so you have solid info to make your decisions on.

We're in Melbourne, so if you pass through some time, give me a shout! ;) 

@RedPanda thanks for the tip!  :)  For now the plan is to go where we can find jobs  :)   Will be looking at Sydney, Melbourne and Perth for a start and work from there... 

Yesterday, th (the husband) got an sms saying his passport is ready for collection :) only 6 working days!!!  Will brave the collections line this weekend.  Still waiting for the unabridged certificates......, and will enquire about them while we are there, but I know its way to early for that.

Today exactly 4 weeks to go for our Alice Springs holiday!  Cant wait!  Everything is booked now, just waiting for the visa's to come through.  And hopefully due to this being our 4th visit to Australia we would get a longer visa this time and can go soon again... to look around more :)

Picked up tH's passport today.  In and out of the Centurion Dept of Home Affairs in just under 45mins.  As expected none of the unabridged are ready.

Went through to the Australian Visa center in Pretoria for our biometric data this morning.  Apart from it being another R811 per person (tourist visa's now over R2000 per person), the whole process went smoothly with very efficient and friendly staff.

Is it true though that one needs to do the biometric data thing, fingerprints, picture etc every singly time you apply for a tourist visa?

I was also wondering the same thing. My mom has just applied for a tourist visa and had to drive up to Johannesburg for biometrics.

Do new PR visa applicants have to do this now too?

Spoke to someone at the visa center.  Apparently all their regulations are changing and the one thing that came into affect already was biometrics.  Everybody applying for any type of Oz visa after 1 June has to do biometrics.

But I really really hope this is a once of thing....

• 2 weeks later...

I am soooo stressed out.

Lol :) just how often do you hear those words...

So we are supposed to fly to Sydney this Friday, just a short holiday.

On our immi-account webpage, my husband got his visa - approved, but mine is still in progress!  :(

Edited by SABokkie

• 2 weeks later...