Visa granted with learning needs

TracyClare

Question

Hi

Question: Has anyone been granted a visa with a child with learning needs? Or not received a visa for the same reason?

I know there are other threads and I have tried to read most of them. My eldest son is 11 years old and has Asperger's, ADHD and Dyslexia. He is in his appropriate grade, and at remedial school. He is verbal, has friends and can have a conversation. I was just advised by the immigration consultant that it is questionable and recommended to ask if anyone has any experiences that could assist. We are applying for the 189 PR Visa. He takes Ritalin and attends speech therapy.

I am really excited about the move to Australia and feel a bit disappointed that this might hamper our efforts to get there.

It is because of reading this forum that this potential issue was highlighted for me - thanks to all involved!  

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hi TracyClare,

Have been through similar, but our son was at a main stream school. Our visa was granted and we are approaching two years in Australia. It has been such a good move for all of us, but especially my son.

My strongest advice ( aside from the obvious "hang in there") is to use and agent for your application. DIYs great when everything is smooth sailing, but when there are questions you want someone in your corner who understands the system.

We used Stephen Dickson (SD_MOA) and he was fantastic.

if I can help with any other questions, please feel free to PM me.

best of luck

• Like 2