3 months to go...

KT

Hi everyone

I have been reading this forum regularly over the past year through the process of visa application and our LSD / activation trip in February. we had an amazing trip visiting Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. I hope that I will be able to "give back" considering how much I have learnt from so many of you. 

We are state sponsored by South Australia and have decided to take the plunge and have booked one way tickets to Adelaide in July. we do not have jobs but as our son starts school next year, we have decided that the timing will never be better. We are very excited but admittedly very nervous too! 

We stayed in Glenelg when we visited and loved it as well as loving the look of Henley Beach. I would appreciate any info or on any public primary schools in these areas. 

I would also love to chat / meet up with any young families who are in Adelaide when we get there in a few months time. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated. 

All the best to all of you out there in your unique journeys!

• Like 2

Hope your journey goes well KT. We also moved over with a young son and let me tell you it is the best thing you can do for your family. My son is thriving in this environment. I cannot give advice on South Australia as we live in Melbourne, but I wish you all the best.?

Kate!

It's a shame you didn't pop up to the Adelaide hills to check out housing and lifestyle.

Where I live in Mount Barker is a growth area for South Australia, with lots of exciting new housing developments going on and heaps of young families and not so young families coming to live here.

With a five year old, you'd fit right in.

There is a 110 km/hr motorway connecting Mt Barker with the city of Adelaide. A 30 minute drive is all there is . . . . not much more than from Glenelg or Henley Beach areas.

The housing plots are much bigger here for the same price than along the beach areas of Adelaide. the climate cooler than in the city of Adelaide, although the coastal suburbs do get some nice afternoon cool breezes.

If you'd like one or two emails from South African families that have made their move to the Adelaide hills, then just send a message to me.

I'd be happy to put you in touch with them.

• Like 2